• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Pro-Refugee Trudeau Set to Bite His Tongue on Trump Visit

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-02-13/refugee-embracing-trudeau-set-to-bite-his-tongue-on-trump-visit

The now-45-year-old Canadian prime minister -- hailed by Joe Biden as one of the last champions of liberalism -- heads to Washington for his first meeting with Trump, 70, whose bellicose statements and immigration restrictions reveal a deep gulf between the two leaders. They will meet privately at the Oval Office, attend a roundtable with women executives and a hold a joint press conference at 2 p.m.

But U.S. liberals hoping for Trudeau to emerge as Trump’s foil shouldn’t hold their breath. He’s already bit his tongue and focused almost exclusively on an economic relationship that accounts for three-quarters of Canada’s exports. The White House visit will test just how far Trudeau can go to woo the president and preserve trade without selling out his core values.

“We both got elected on commitments to strengthen the middle class, and support those working hard to join it,” Trudeau said last week. “And that’s exactly what we’re going to be focused on.”

He has little choice. Nearly two-thirds of all Canadian trade is with the U.S., the highest ratio of Group of 20 nations and quadruple all but Mexico. Almost all of Canada’s oil goes to the U.S. and most of the country’s manufacturing is geared toward meeting U.S. demand. Americans hold C$2.3 trillion ($1.8 trillion) in Canadian assets, almost exactly the same amount held by Canadians in the U.S.

• Members

Similarly, the way he bowed to the Chinese, it would appear that Trump's tough talk on North Korea has already evaporated. I guess even Agent Orange realized that tough talk has its limits. 

Trump Responds to North Korean Missile Launch With Uncharacteristic Restraint

I agree. His record of public service is beyond measure.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Haha, feel free!  

It's not of my invention, I heard it during A Tribe Called Quest's performance last night at the Grammys when rapper Busta Rhymes coined the moniker, LOL. It was trending all over social media last night.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Did anyone happen to see Stephen Miller on the morning shows yesterday?

I watched him with Chuck Todd and was disturbed by him whereas the usual Trump puppets are more on the annoying liars level.  He just seems diabolical and power hungry.  After watching the first minute of this Morning Joe clip, he sounds even more disturbing.

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/joe-takes-stephen-miller-to-school-on-law-875977283878