Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think Walensky's comments are beyond tone-deaf and will be dangerous, but I don't really get into doomposting from randos. I do think Biden and the CDC have been far too tentative and blinkered from the start.

• Members

These days it's so hard to tell between doomposting and real life. I could see pretty much everything in those tweets happening, even if I don't think Biden would blame gays for buck-passing (I do think some others would, sadly).

I'm just so tired of this slowness and apathy and blindness toward the threat in this country. I don't believe Welensky or the CDC are deliberately fostering homophobia, but that's what is happening anyway through such poor responses that beg people to assume gay or bi men did something to children. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I'm with you. My main issue is guilt by association. Even if Monkey Pox was spread by a pedophile that happened to be gay, that should have nothing to do with gay people as a whole. It's the pedophilia that's the problem, but of course certain people will make it sound like gay equals pedophile. Some days I'm just sad that people aren't smart enough to see through this sort of hate mongering.

On a different note, I want to slap whatever white house genius came up with the idea of changing the common definition of a recession. Did they think we wouldn't notice? It's the type of disingenuous BS I would have expected from the Trumpers, who are now tripping over themselves with righteous indignation. I hate these kind of self inflicted wounds.

• Members

I'm not quite sure which issue you are referring to, but it doesn't matter. The answer is the same, we have not learned one damn thing.

Thank goodness! Lord knows doctors, nurses and engineers don't have enough job opportunities. We have a shortage of workers in these areas!!  I guess I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, but I really need these folks to up their game.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

This is so infuriating.

Historic pride jersey sparks player boycott in Australia

On Thursday, the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles will become the first team in the competition ever to don a kit which promotes LGBT inclusivity in the sport. But players weren't consulted and some object to the move on religious and cultural grounds.

Please register in order to view this content

Poor little ones. Having to wear a jersey that promotes equality and tolerance. How rude of the team to expect them to support something like that!  

Surely this will inspire a new country hit in the spirit of Tammy Wynette?  

"H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E"

Edited by I Am A Swede

• Members

It seems like it took several weeks for them to come up with this story that somehow Roberts was trying to convince Kavanaugh to vote to preserve Roe v. Wade. Two conservatives…were ever going to vote to preserve Roe v. Wade? 

Please register in order to view this content