The Politics Thread

• Members

All I know is that I like a good breakfast taco with all the diverse ingredients that you can choose from and I do not know why that's so offensive.  Taco does not equal people and it's not demeaning at all to me that Miami and Florida have flowers that are beautiful and breakfast tacos have all kinds of ingredients.  Major stretch to be picking at that, when we had a man who insulted people on the daily and a first lady that said she didn't give a &uck about Christmas.  That conversation and comparison is over, ain even gonna talk about it with Conservatives.  Do not even go there.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

In keeping with his usual custom any time he makes Democratic legislating implode, Manchin has done yet another victory lap on his favorite West Virginia radio show to ramble on:

Edited by Vee

• Members

Everything with Manchin is why I pretty much gave up last year on any real progress being made. All he cares about is publicity and the checks he gets from the right and big business. I know many politicians and many progressives gave him a chance, and another chance, and yet another chance, but I think everyone has pretty much thrown in the towel now. He does not care and he never will. 

I see that David Hogg is now using old William F Buckley lines (yes I got that from Twitter,  I won't lie) in his further lurch to enabling  and supporting the right:

The next time you see him or similar figures begging for cash for their causes, show him this. 

• Members

^ Give me a break! No one has said he is a monster. He is obstructing his own party's agenda and of course that's going to frustrate people. Why wouldn't we be pissed off that this is happening, especially when it feels like things are going to hell in a hand basket? As for the Republicans, they are beneath contempt at this point. Who expects them to do anything decent?

I have such a dread of the upcoming election.

• Members

Speaking of trans hate there is a group all the way from Texas protesting outside The Children's Hospital here. There was a kid's pride parade last night sponsored in part by the hospital and these fools came all that way just to be ass*oles. The most ridiculous part is they are protesting against gender reassignment surgery in children, which doesn't even exist.

Also, that article with people openly ragging on Manchin makes me very happy.

• Members

There is an article that is talking about how strong the U.S. dollar is right now. There are upsides and downsides to this. One downside is that other currencies are finding turmoil. One downside for U.S. companies that have most of their enterprise abroad is that the majority of their sales are in other countries where the currencies are weaker, so companies like Apple and Nike have worse revenues than in the past.

I guess, anyone who can afford the high airfare to Europe will find that they will pay less for their stay once they land there.

When you see that the Russian ruble has also been performing well because of oil, it makes so much sense for countries to invest in renewables, if only they would do so.

Edited by DramatistDreamer