The Politics Thread

• Members

I'm glad many seem to be avoiding making her a victim, which she doesn't deserve.

Anyway, the responses to this Fooliani tweet made me laugh (the response from Pelosi's spokesperson also made me laugh).

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I won't lie. Watching the "legitimate" press freaking out about the Assange indictment is giving me some pretty nice schadenfreude. These people treated the 2016 election like a game because they assumed they wouldn't be impacted. They thought they would get to spend the next four years beating up on Hillary. Even after Trump handwaved the murder of Jamal Khashoggi, they didn't course correct. They stayed firmly committed to false equivalence and normalization. But now that they are in the crosshairs they want us all to take to the barricades to defend the "free press." Sorry but no. Like so many people suffering under Trump, they did this to themselves.

• Members

At least you guys have a chance at course correction. I'm Australian and just had to suffer through a 2016 type election. The presiding government failed at everything, polls told us they were DOA and then a massive fleet of half-wits got distracted by cash promises and we are stuck with the Coalition for another 3 years. Your day to right the ship is closer. Although, given how effing stupid people are...

Also- hi! I've lurked for a long time and felt it was time to start posting as the election season is starting up. I want Trump driven from the White House disgraced, fat and humiliated. And possible naked.

• Members

I think the term snap by the "youngin's" on the internet, as I was told by one of my millennial colleagues, means something a lot different than what most of us believe. I was looking up the urban definition for the term, and it defines it as being slick or astute.

Can he come over the US next? I am still waiting for anyone in the media to start treating a lot of these people like the mobsters they are.

• Members

Yeah, I know how they use snap but I just think it's an overused term like "tea".  

From the time I spent living in London, I've noticed that for all their many (many) faults, the Brits seem more resistant to the idea of being caught up in a cult of personality than Americans.  Perhaps because they spent hundreds of years being ruled by monarchy but many seem.  Brits are also more honest about the fact that class has been a major factor in social mobility than Americans.