Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm starting to have mixed feelings about impeachment, mostly because of us being at the point where he just repeatedly strongarms the House on all levels and there is nothing done to fight back, but I can see why Pelosi still doesn't want to do it. 

Anyway:

• Members

Yes, the plans seem very amateurish and lack some basic understanding of the demographics of black people living in the U.S. but this quote from the article hold some deep truths.

“Russia understands how critical the African American vote is to determining the outcome of elections,” said Demings, who sits on the House Intelligence Committee. “And because we have not effectively dealt with racism as a country ourselves, I believe we've made ourselves vulnerable to foreign powers like Russia to continue to try to undermine.”

• Members

Who needed "Game of Thrones," when we have the ongoing debate over whether to impeach our sitting president?

I agree that too many people who are demanding that Congress begin impeachment proceedings are reacting on pure outrage (and a need for vengeance) and nothing more.  It's unfortunate that we, as a nation, have far too much to lose should this end in failure (and it WILL end in failure, mark my words) but that's where this administration and the GOP have brought us.  Attempting to impeach Trump now or at any other time, rather than simply doing whatever we can to vote him and the rest of the Republican Party out of office come 2020, just isn't worth it.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I'm following black women. I know Maxine Waters is for impeachment but she's been that was for 2 years and I don't hear her screaming like some of the others. I trust Pelosi. Part of it is the media egging democrats on. THEY want this and they are pushing democrats in that direction. Pelosi is going to hold her coalition. 

• Members

The one thing this article really fails to mention is that Obama's earliest supporters before the Democratic debates and primaries were mostly white voters because many black voters were dubious about his ability to get elected.  Many black women did indeed vote for Hillary Clinton in the primary for this same reason-- Hillary appeared to be the solid choice to many.  As the Obama campaign began to raise more money than the Clinton campaign (along with some missteps Clinton campaigners and surrogates), black voters began to coalesce around Obama.

This is perhaps an uncomfortable aspect that many people (including those in the black community) don't want to acknowledge but it would be absolute amnesia to forget about this.