The Politics Thread

• Members

Yeah, I just saw a story about a possible sabotage of ships by Iran.  Here we are with the Keystone Kops in charge when we need real diplomats and knowledgeable people trying to cool this situation down. How many failed wars do we have to have in the Middle East before the lesson is learned? Thousands of innocents have died and I have no idea what was gained from any of it.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is the same thing this dumbbell did last time with tariffs where all the gains from 2018 were wiped out by the end of the year.

As for the EPA, I wish this was not bipartisan corruption, but it is. Sterigenics, the facility near me in Willowbrook Illinois, has been emitting ethylene oxide for years. The EPA and ILEPA allowed them to do their own environmental testing for over 20 years, per documents the local news station found when investigating.

• Members

Seeing senators shrug and say "It's not up to us" as their states are ground into the dust by Trump is astonishing, even as it's also so very predictable. The saddest part is the voters who are being driven into despair and death will still vote for them, every single time.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/13/trade-china-republicans-1319024

• Members

I've been wondering about how this business has been doing since all the drama. They're thriving.

"When we opened after a 10-day hiatus, our dining room was full. In the following weeks, people who had never been to the Shenandoah Valley traveled out of their way to eat with us. Hundreds of orders for our Red Hen spice blend poured in. And the love spread far beyond our door, as supporters sent thousands of dollars’ in donations in our honor to our local food pantry, our domestic violence shelter and first responders."

Edited by marceline

• Members

DeSantis won't disclose which counties were hacked which says a lot. He trailed in every poll last year but he somehow managed to win. It's true that polling isn't always accurate but it wouldn't be surprising if he got a boost from Moscow. I still believe that evidence will turn up that voters were actually tampered with in 2016 but it's hard to believe that Russia didn't go that far to assure that Trump would win.

If that isn't true then it surely will be true next year. Just wait for precincts to mysteriously have their ballot boxes go missing or for votes to be destroyed in "accidents".

• Members

Same.  When the three states that pollsters and pundits said Trump would need in order to win against Hillary turned out to be the three states that literally helped him win on election night, the Prince fan in me said, "Something in the water does not compute."

Meanwhile, now that Team Trump consider themselves vindicated in the Mueller probe, I hear on the radio that Trump and Pompeo are going full speed ahead on establishing beautiful new ties with Mother Russia.  To me, it's one of the most appalling and terrifying things I've heard yet.  And, as usual, those who NEED to read between the lines, won't.

Edited by Khan