The Politics Thread

• Members

And here is some scary-assed s-h-i-t straight out of Texas, which is pushing to pass the Abolition of Abortion Act - which would invoke the death penalty (!!!) for anyone who has an abortion. It is being argued this will make women "more personally responsible" for sex. And this would involve such a penalty for nurses and doctors who take part in the procedure.

Oh, and it has NO EXCEPTIONS for rape, incest, or if the mother's life is in danger.

Gilead is here. Sponsored by the woman-hating GOP.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

^ I can't argue with Seth Abramson there. I think one mistake MA made was raising his profile when he had a lot of dirt to hide.  Add to that coming for the villain in our story and missing. That's not a good combination.

I can only pray that whoever the democratic nominee is they aren't making the same mistake as we speak.

That is insane. Seriously unreal that they would even try to enact something like this.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

You know, as much as I love and respect the field of journalism, most of the so-called liberal media's behavior during the last presidential election and beyond makes it very difficult for me to feel anything but distrust and contempt for them now.  If Trump decides to go after them, then, yes, they have only themselves to blame.

I go back to what Whoopi Goldberg said years ago during a comedy special: if these anti-abortion folks are so dead-set on abolishing a woman's right to do whatever the hell she wants to or with her body, then let's round up all the babies who would otherwise have been aborted (including the babies who were products of rape or incest, or whose births happened at the expense of their mothers' lives), and then let's drop them off at their doorsteps and have THEM raise 'em.  Good luck!

Edited by Khan

• Members

I think the world of Harris but I didn't want her to run. I wish she'd made the same decision as Sherrod Brown. 

I'm a firm believer in putting your constituents first and she didn't even serve two years before deciding to run. The people who voted her into office deserved at least one term of a full-time senator. Whenever I raise that point people say "But Obama...." I love Obama like family but he's part of the reason I have this rule. 

Edited by marceline

• Members

How do you all feel about senators missing votes? Harris and Booker have gotten a lot of flak for this.

On the one hand, they are paid to represent their constituents, who put them into office, but considering that there are very few close votes in the Senate, they probably aren't missing anything.

• Members

It doesn't disqualify her for me at all. It just disappoints me. There's only a handful of people who are disqualified for me (Gabbard, Sanders, Yang, Williamson)

One of the things I'm trying to do to keep me sane in 2020 is hold all of the candidates to the same standard and one of my standards is "constituents first."