Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'd actually be fine with that provided were had responsible leadership that could help guide us forward and were leaving the world leadership in responsible hands. And that does not mean isolationism to me or becoming anti immigrant(pro immigration positions have actually increased in the US).

China's been positioning themselves to move forward for years and is quickly gaining footing in areas we have retreated from. Not that the US leadership around the world has not been a failure and still is(see the cheering for Venezuela regime change), but China ugh.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

It makes a difference. 

I think Khan was right our news cycle and this need to get out there ASAP is damaging. It puts everyone on the defensive. I'm not suggesting plotting and strategizing to avoid accountability but really talking to people to understand the hurt as a way to really respond effectively.

I wish someone would suggest that there be some sort of Commission started in the state. There needs to be a real come to Jesus on race and while someone wearing blackface is horrible and putting on KKK wear disqualifying, there is a deeper problem that needs to be addressed. Virginia honestly seems like a good place to start. 

• Members

Honestly, there needs to be a national one at this point.  I just saw there's another Florida politician who is talking about his stint donning blackface.  

Six days into Black History Month and this is all that we can talk about.  Not the achievements of historical figures from the African American community but blackface-wearing politicians and actors, unprompted confessing their racist revenge fantasies, that nobody wanted to hear. 

It all feels very disrespectful and self-centered.

• Members

China itself seems to be regressing/struggling at home and on some of their Belt and Road stuff, although I agree they are in a better position than we are. 

It feels like the end of empires, period. We seem to be heading into a very catastrophical (is that a word? is it spelled wrong?) time around the globe. It won't take much longer before breaking point arrives.

What I don't understand is why Mark Harring went along with the calls for Northam to go when he knew he had his own blackface incident. Wouldn't it have been better for him to own up to his past at that time? Instead he just let the left create a narrative that is also going to take him down.