The Politics Thread

• Members

Brown is practical and I think if I recall one of the things that was reviewed as part of the ACA was lowering the age for Medicare. I am of the camp by the way who believes we need National Health care but I am also convinced of doing it in a pragmatic way. I think if Brown and Harris frame it correctly it becomes a winning issue and neither has made any hard commitments about specific policy. Notice how I say Brown and Harris and Harris and Brown because to me that is a winning ticket

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That would make sense. 

I used to think Brown or Russ Feingold would be good nationally but the latter's time has passed (and I think he was too "pure" to ever truly be a strong politician).

I wish I believed we had a fair primary and that those who caused so many problems in 2016 weren't going to do the same again. 

• Members

Well past it because I doubt most of the people who need to listen will.  I'm really afraid of what the future will bring, but all we can do is keep moving and hoping that no one who matters drops the ball in the next election.

On a different note I'd forgotten how pretty Nell Carter was.  I was just reading her IMDB profile.  What a tragic life she had.  It really amazes me how resilient some people are, although someone reminded me just the other day that just because someone puts on a brave face it doesn't mean they aren't suffering in private. Clearly Nell was, but she still rose to the top.

• Members

Thank you for that. I'll be honest. The reaction to this situation has left me hopeless. Not because of Northam but because this is all predicated on adhering to a sanitized version of the 1980s. He's being torn down because of a lie people want to keep telling themselves.