The Politics Thread

• Members

ICAM.

At this point, I think disclaimers and factoids should accompany any public statements made by Trump.  Sort of like Garrett Morris' "News for the Hard of Hearing" character from SNL, or "Angry Obama" from "Key & Peele."

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't know what to say about Jussie's attack either.  Yes, it was awful to read about; but, in this day and age, when you have a president who emboldens citizens to commit those and other atrocities, should we really be surprised when something like that occurs?

• Members

Doubtful. Foxconn was the icing on the cake for Walker and the taxpayer giveaway of billions was what ended up costing Walker the election. Will the GOP spin it of course. I don't think folks in Wisconsin will buy it other than those that never really cared anyway.

But this was also round 2 for Foxconn I believe. Didn't they pull out of a "great" deal in Pennsylvania too?

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Sherrod Brown does a very good job of talking about the working class without dismissing the women and the POC that make up so much of it. A lot of people in politics and the media would do well to follow his example. So many think of the white male coal miner when they hear "working class." They don't think about the retail worker or the nurse or the day care worker.

(Disclaimer: Sherrod and his wife are friends of mine so I willingly admit to not being unbiased where he's concerned.)