The Politics Thread

• Members

Oooh, wouldn't it be wild if it were a secret medical diagnosis?  I don't think he'd want the world to know he is really suffering from Alzheimer's or some other form of dementia (even though most rational people have guessed already that he is).

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is almost certainly true. They may have other things too, but I would bank on the fact that the Trump/Kushners have been involved in money laundering.  The sheer hubris it takes to do that and them run for high office amazes me, yet here we are two years in and most Republican lawmakers won't even admit there is a problem.

• Members

I haven't been a huge fan of most SNL political sketches in many years for reasons I know Carl shares and can enumerate for all of us (with a few exceptions, like the Matt Damon Kavanaugh sketch which largely just traded on actual quotes and his performance), but Steve Martin and co. do a solid job with this:

Not sure they needed yet another Kate McKinnon impression, hilarious though she is. I honestly haven't seen much of Wilbur Ross so on its face it just seemed like another excuse for her to be there

Edited by Vee

• Members

All Kate McKinnon impressions are pretty much the same, just with different hair and makeup. 

They commit hard to the idea that Democrats and Republicans are the same, it's just Republicans are smarter and less hypocritical while Democrats are craven and weak. That's why I'm not surprised they didn't have a Pelosi and Trump sketch this week. Instead they had Michael Che stumble his way through a shaming session of liberals for being too smug, just to remind viewers again of who the real enemy is. 

Anyway, I thought the guy who played Tucker Carlson was pretty good. Sad to say I didn't laugh once at Steve Martin - the makeup job was so bizarre and the lines weren't funny. 

• Members

I found what Brokaw said just odd.  It's mean spirited (to say the least) to expect first generation people of any culture to speak a new language well. Children tend to assimilate for better or worse. That's what the American public school system is designed to do, along with turning us into good workers of course. I'm not saying that's good or bad, it just is.