Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've made Frank Pentangeli/Godfather II jokes about this administration, but somehow Stone adopted that worldview in complete earnest:

Ahead of the Rose Garden presser, Trump has blinked:

Pelosi knows exactly how to work him psychologically:

Edited by Vee

• Members

Earlier:

On a side note while we wait for Trump to stop dragging his feet and come out and take his medicine (or declare martial law instead -who knows?):

Pelosi knows exactly how to work him psychologically. She knows he has deep psychosexual issues with women as well as an obsessive need for performative behavior mixed with a pathological avoidance of direct confrontation.

She did not posture like this in the 2000s when the Democrats retook Congress under Bush. She is adapting to his framework to break him, and neither he nor his people will forget listening to her emasculate him every time a microphone is in front of her. That leaves a psychic toll for his followers. Eventually they get tired of feeling bad/cuckolded. They will go where power is, and power is leaving Trump.

Edited by Vee

• Members

@Vee that's a really good description of Pelosi and her tactics. 

She gets a lot of hate, but she gets things done. Without her I don't know if the Democrats would have held firm.

I won't believe anything until the signature is on the paper but I'm glad we're finally moving somewhere. 

• Members

That it's come to this is completely insane. It terrifies me to think of the sheer military power this government has when our leader and a good chunk of Congress are unfit to rule. I wouldn't put these megalomaniacs in charge of an island the size of Catalina never mind a country with the military might that we have. God save us all until we can get rid of this man and those that allow him to continue to hold power. How Mitch McConnell lives with himself, I don't know.

• Members

There is a very good profile of McConnell in the NYT this week. Basically, he still seems like a total enigma and mostly opaque personality - it seems as though the only thing he cares about is the utilization and consolidation of power, and most of all that history will view him devoid of context and entirely in terms of his skill and focus. (The one note that seems to get slightly under his skin is the idea that Trump would get credit for his achievements.) I don't know if that's a sociopath, but it's definitely something bizarre.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I feel very lucky that we won the midterms and that she is Speaker. Who knows what will happen long term, but I don't think there is anyone who could handle him better than she is doing. He may blow us all to hell anyway, but at least someone is treating him like the narcissist that he is and standing up to him.

• Members

fascinating how having one of your closest friends and top campaign aides arrested in the early morning dawn after having been linked to you makes you open a government that should never have been closed over a wall.....maybe the same wall your son and yourself will try to escape through when you both are sent to prison (no wonder he wanted slats).