Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

America needs a serious history lesson on what actually constitutes blackface.  Unfortunately, the education system has clearly failed many people.  

I can't believe there are people who don't know that it takes cork or shoe polish as well as people exaggerating features-- what they believe a black person looks like, of course to a caricature level.  There are essays and documentaries that detail exactly what constitutes blackface and why many see it as offensive.  

I see several people, blogs, media outlets that are supposedly knowledgeable get the most basic facts completely wrong.  In 2019.  It's sad to witness.

• Members

David Pecker picked a pack of pickled Bezos...

And has likely scuttled his immunity deal to hell and back again!

Never extort the richest man in America. (REAL wealth!) It will not end well. And do not tell me Donnie is not somehow mixed up in this.

Jeff Bezos detonates his own bomb and turns the tables on David Pecker and the National Enquirer/AMI.

• Members

The first thing that I thought of when reading that Thai news is that this may pave the way for the Shinawatras to return from exile.  I cannot imagine that not happening in the near future.

You're right @Faulkner and @JaneAusten this is big news.  Thai politics has been characterized by one big upheaval after another for nearly twenty years, so I have to say, it's big news but it doesn't come as that much of a surprise, tbh.

It's especially interesting how many people are giving salt to Rep. Ocasio-Cortez and Sen. Markey's Green New Deal blueprint without acknowledging that the Republicans generally go big with their proposals-- look at the enormous, deficit-busting tax "reform" that they slid through.  At least the Green New Deal proposal is meant to benefit people across economic spectrum, not just the wealthy.  The proposal is pie in the sky, yes, but it is a blueprint, subject to amendment.