The Politics Thread

• Members

People said those tax cuts would blow up the deficit and nobody listened. Nobody in power, anyway. That's the worst part of so much of the last 15-20 years - so many people have spoken up, and been ignored and shunned for it.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's so interesting that when Obama was president, deficits were practically all that mattered.  So much so that  when the Obama administration proposed a bigger stimulus that would include upgrading the electrical grid (making it a national priority), the Republicans squawked endlessly about exploding deficits, cowing even some Democrats to back down from supporting anything other than a modest stimulus.

Consequently, it's now being discovered that the Russians have recently been hacking into various electrical authorities, causing various power outages.

• Members

I think they knew it would happen, but didn't care because it benefited themselves and the people they care about.  There was never really any doubt. As soon as it was passed Ryan and Sasse started in on how "entitlements" would have to be cut because of the deficit. 

Please register in order to view this content

It's really breath taking how much nerve they have, but why not? So far they are getting away with it.

• Members

Hopefully not for very long.  

In my little rural part of NE Florida, we've started seeing some good ol boys adding to their MAGA bumper stickers with the Russian flag.     They are completely and hopelessly brainwashed.  I'm afraid to know how far Trump would have to go to lose their support, and I'm not sure I want to find that out.  

• Members

It's gotten to the point where they are only concerned about winning and will support whoever helps them to win even if it's a foreign power. It's only a matter of time before they attempt to mess with actual votes. Everyone should check their voter registrations periodically in advance of registration deadlines just to be safe.

• Members

You folks are assuming this hasn’t happened. It’s already happened out and open during the 2000, 2004, and yes even the 2008 elections

Makes me physically ill. We are now growing future terrorists blatantly on our own soil. The best I can say is we are not gassing these refugees - yet.

• Members

I always do this.  The town where I currently live used to chuckle when I did this.  I wonder if they think I'm being silly when I do this again before midterms.

I think I just saw the video.   Do most Americans truly stop and think of the cruelty that is being committed in their names?