Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

People never learn when they put the GOP in charge. Remember how things were rocking away under GWB(except for that pesky war) and crash.

The worst part is consumers are being even dumber again. People didn't feel enough pain in 2008 to change their habits. Dumb,

https://money.cnn.com/2018/08/01/investing/markets-now-lindsey-piegza/index.html

• Members

The corruption is endless.

I think it's really bizarre that Washington hasn't changed their name.  Some of the announcers won't even say it on TV.  I can't say who, I've just noticed it when my husband forces me to watch that god awful game (no offense to those who like it). I just think it's crazy that as a nation we spend billions on a game that is giving people brain injury to a man.

• Members

Talking about football, I can't remember the article but I did read recently high school football enrollment is down almost 30 % across the country over the past 5 years. Parents don't want their kids playing a violent life threatening game. People can blame the national anthem protests all they want but it seems there are more and more people just not caring and staying away from it. This when interest in soccer in this country is finally showing more substantial increases. 

• Members

For some strange reason, I ended up seeing tweets coming in describing the early results for the TN primaries and it looked as if the Democrats had a higher rate of participation than the Republicans last night. I don't know whether that will hold for the general election but that's a very interesting statistic for a state in the Deep South.

• Members

Watching a documentary about Trump on BBC Panorama called "Is The President a Sex Pest?" (I kid you not!) and there's a clip of J. Eddie Peck hosting the Miss Teen USA pageant.

Please register in order to view this content

Looking at Peck's IMDB page, it appears that he hosted a couple of pageants in the late 1990s.

I think I've had all that I can stand, the details are stomach-turning.