Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Your post inspired me to look this stuff up. Even though I've lived in Nebraska for about six years I know very little about the farming industry. Well, I did know that Monsanto is the devil, but that's about it.

One thing Trump is good at is bringing the discourse down to his level.

• Members

Lanny Davis: "Ladies & gents, if you voted for Trump, listen to the tape and ask yourself, is Donald Trump lying?"

Khan: "And then ask yourself, do you care?"

The answers, as they say, might surprise you.

• Members

Juncker is such a burden for the EU. I guess they know better than to have anyone worthwhile for this pointless meeting with Trump where everyone knows the outcome anyway.

Here is a DNC telethon from 1974 that apparently actually aired on TV (I can't imagine the reaction if that happened today). Only watched the first few minutes so far but as much as I get tired of Watergate comparisons sadly many of their words fit right into where we are now.

• Members

I could buy that he didn't know from the start that it wasn't all for a "counterterrorism video," but did he really believe those tactics would protect himself and his loved ones from being attacked?  It never occurred to him at any point to stop and ask, "What's REALLY goin' on here, fellas?"

Some folks just have no common sense whatsoever.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I definitely don't want Avenatti to ever run for president.  I am so tired of these guys who believe that fighting their 'cases' in the media means that they can do the hard work of governing.  And similar to Trump, Avenatti believes himself to be a streetfighter who likely seems himself as being uniquely capable of 'getting the job done'.  These types usually believe that only they are uniquely skilled to 'fix' the problem(s) alone.

He's great as a foil to antagonize Trump but higher elected office?  No thanks.  I need the U.S. to get back to electing people who can be diplomats with a deft touch, not a wrecking ball.

We've been discussing tax cuts and deficits and shockingly, there are still some folks out there who believe Trump's tax cuts to be having a positive effect.  Well, this is for 'the people in the back' who still don't get it.