The Politics Thread

• Members

My news is currently reporting on this and has mentioned that since this is a criminal indictment, it is very serious.

The anchor mentioned the possibility of someone being taken into custody within days but the indictment is sealed.

I guess those JFK Files ain't gonna cut it, in terms of a distraction.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's all so predictable at this point. In fact the deflection to Hillary Clinton who is not even a danger, she's a private citizen, out of politics is laughable but the GOP has nothing else, They bring back a debunked Uranium story. Then the Fusion GPS stuff which is a non story because I believe back in January it was reported the Democrats took it over from whoever started it. Now it was reported tonight it was the Washington Examiner, a Conservative publication, that funded it. On behalf of who knows - maybe Jeb Bush. Add that to the conflict in the Congressional committees - the GOP had to know what was coming.

On a side note I'd love for the indictments to be for Kushner or even Trump Jr. but my guess is it's Manafort and possibly Page or Flynn. Manafort has been dirty for years and my guess is that he'll flip because my assumption is Schneiderman in NY has a RICO case against him which is off limits of presidential pardon capability.

The other consideration is remember the FBI was already investigating at the time Mueller came on.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

I read that Trump was unhappy that parts would still be redacted. I have an idea as to why.  That's neither here nor there anyway.

Folks also need to remember that it matters not whether the actual election results were affected by the act, the criminality is in the act of collusion itself, with a foreign entity. 

That in itself is criminal and likely treasonous.

Nixon didn't go down because he changed any votes, he went down because his operatives broke into the Democratic National headquarters trying to find information.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

That has never been alleged, but with the way things are going it wouldn't be surprising if evidence of that came up. The investigation is about collusion with a foreign nation to influence the election, which is just as bad as tampering with votes.

If you keep talking, the truth isn't really true, right? You are clearly trying to console yourself here.

• Members

Also, there was proven voter suppression in Democratic leaning districts in states like Wisconsin that likely directly affected the results.  That's almost a separate matter at this point.

You've said it, I've said it, if trolls want to play dumb, they can do so but I'm not going to waste time with trolls arguing about the basics. 

There is a criminal indictment and so far, we've been reading about Manafort's very shady dealings with pro-Russian operatives in Ukraine.

We've also heard about Trump Jr. meeting with Russians to try to get dirt on HRC and then lying about it.

We've also heard about Carter Page trying to ingratiate himself with the Russians.

Anyone who doesn't see the 'recurring decimal' here is beyond hope and I will waste no more of my time with him/her.

Edited by DramatistDreamer