The Politics Thread

• Members

So what is Trumpism?

Nationalism? Hatred of immigrants? A return of the racial hierarchy of the 1950's? Ignoring the rest of the world while focusing only on America? Making sure the rich prosper through tax cuts?

The world is a rapidly changing place. The US enjoyed a unique position as the World's strongest power from 1945 until now. The world has seen amazing gains in reducing poverty and disease. You can't just bury your head in the sand and assume that continues.

I will give you an example. Last week GM announced that they would be moving toward an all electric vehicle fleet. That decision is not driven by the US market. It's driven by the Chinese market, which is twice the size of United States market.

You can't put the genie back in the bottle where a mostly white American society ruled the World

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Halperin has always rubbed me the wrong way. Whenever he came on TV to give commentary, it was usually time to change the channel or turn off the TV.

By the way,

Anyone still trying to sell that bogus story about Mango Mussolini trying to drain the swamp? These days, he seems to be lapping up the swamp.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

The Alzheimer's does not mean he's not awful. He is and always has been. Look at his history. But once upon a time he did have filters, could sound reasonable, and could string together a coherent sentence. Even in his sycophant interviews with Fox interviewers these days he rambles.

One of my friends has brought up Reagan and how different he was in his second term. Difference is Reagan had a competent, I might even say excellent staff(despite political differences) who likely respected him and wanted to protect him and a wife who was devoted to him. I even question John Kelly's competence now.

• Members

I've always said there was a stark difference between the Donald Trump that I remember from the '80's, during his "Art of the Deal" heyday, and the Donald Trump that I see today.  Maybe it's because of his "Apprentice" fame, but it seems to me that he used to be better at hiding his true colors.

IDK whether it would make any difference.  However, how sad is it that I would welcome Mitt [!@#$%^&*] Romney running for Congress?  Once again, that's what we have been reduced to, ladies and gentlemen.