The Politics Thread

• Members

I understand that feeling but PLEASE don't give into it. Every time I'm tempted to I think about the kids in the CHIP program, the people of Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands, the trans people in the military, the Haitians and Hondurans that they are trying to kick out of the country, the innocent people in the Korean Peninsula (including our own troops), etc... these are all people who need us to have their backs, especially now when people on the left like Susan Sarandon still won't take responsibility for what they did.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

People on the Far Left: "If Hillary were president, this country would be firmly in the hands of Wall Street and the self-entitled rich."

Me: "Which is different from where we are today, because...?"

From Larry Kudlow: “Just give us a chance, and in three or four years, if it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work; we all go back to the drawing board [...] I get that. But it’s our turn.”

But seriously.  The GOP is in a no-win situation.  If they lose their precious tax bill, then their backers promise to sever the financial bloodlines.  If they don't, then they risk the wrath of voters, who are making it clear already that they think the bill is [!@#$%^&*].  They KNOW the odds of this succeeding even a little are slim, but rather than concede to the other side, they're going to cross their fingers and pray.

I'd laugh about that if it weren't so damn serious.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Sorry to hear the day's been lousy for you, Julia.

Please register in order to view this content

A wise man once said, "There is no honor among thieves."  I guess Michael Flynn proves that point.

How so?  Because, all I'm reading is that Trump election officials, rather than Trump himself, were the ones who put him up to lying to the authorities about Russian collusion. 

Edited by Khan

• Members

All I can say is Hillary warned us. And so did Sally Yates.  Lesson is LISTEN TO WOMEN ALL THE TIME

And I am no Chris Christie fan, but he advised Trump and his team not to bring on Flynn because he believed he was compromised. Kuschner and Bannon didn't take him seriously and then Christie was let go.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

You mean, when he asked Flynn to contact the Russians in the hopes of working together to defeat ISIS?  That's illegal?

(By the way, Vee, I'm not arguing with you.  I guess I'm just trying to wrap my head around all this.)

Well, not ALL the time.

Please register in order to view this content

Boy, I'd sure love for this to end with Donald, Flynn and the rest of the conspirators performing "Hello, Dolly!" for the other inmates at their prison's annual talent show.  But I just don't want to count my chickens before they hatch.  Know what I mean?

Hey, that fat [!@#$%^&*] didn't get to be governor on his looks and charm alone.  

Edited by Khan