Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Some Trumpists believe that this tax bill will punish minorities but I've got news for those people--minorities, Blacks in particular, have been living with hardship and unjust policies for hundreds of years in America. We know how to survive and make a way 'outta no way'. 

This is going to be most punishing to that so-called 'base' of middle and lower income Whites, the very ones who have been most vocal about seeing their way of life diminished.

If people think the deaths from opioid addiction is bad now, wait until the true cost of this tax bill kicks in.

By the way, this is if the House and Senate can reconcile that bills that each chamber has unleashed.  With so many pigs at the trough (some 6,000 lobbyists worked on the Senate bill), that will be their next step in the process of destroying the country for the foreseeable future.

• Members

I am literally sick over this bill. They forced through life-changing legislation in the middle of the night with illegible hand-written edits in the margins. This should be illegal. I hate Republicans and I want the Democrats to have no mercy once they're back in control. F-ck them and their voters.

• Members

Well, I'm not surprised that the Senate pushed through their s****y tax bill.  From day one, the GOP has been determined to do two things: erase Obama's legacy, and redistribute wealth back to the rich; and after the fiasco in trying to repeal and/or replace the ACA, they DESPERATELY needed a "win," even if it had to come at the expense of their voters.

Same.  

I'm not counting on Republican voters to "turn blue."  Don't get me wrong -- I suspect that, come 2018 and 2020, a not-insignificant number of Republican voters will turn their backs on the GOP, who they feel truly does not represent them.  However, even if Republican voters are as outraged about the Senate tax bill as the rest of us are, I believe the majority will remain loyal to their party no matter what.  (As a matter of fact, I think that's one reason why Mitch McConnell and others were as brazen as they were about pushing through the bill in the middle of the night. They're confident that their base won't go anywhere, regardless of how the bill will impact them eventually.)

If there's any hope for a real revolution in this country, then more Democratic and Independent voters are gonna have to step up.  The past year has shown us all that complacency is no longer an option.

Meanwhile: it appears ABC News got their facts wrong -- Trump asked Flynn to give the Russians "happy endings" after, and not before, the election -- and everyone who's paying attention is losing his and her respective [!@#$%^&*] over the blunder.  Or am I reading THAT wrong?  (That's why I'm not posting any links, because I'm not entirely clear on this development.)

Edited by Khan

• Members

I think there is some hope that swing voters will come back our way. A lot of hope. I guess we'll see over the next couple of years.  For now all we can do is fight where we can and endure.

Sadly, I'm also feeling a lot of hate for these people right now. I don't like feeling that way, but I do.

• Members

The President admitted ON TWITTER that he committed obstruction of justice.

1. He fired Flynn because he lied to Pence and FBI.

2. He knew Flynn committed a crime, did not report it, and then asked Comey to let the investigation go.

3. When Comey said no, he was then fired by Trump.

Trump fired someone for refusing to drop an investigation into someone he knew was guilty!

IMPEACH HIM!!!!!! The Republicans are human waste.

• Members

Let's face it, a whole lot of misogynistic men (and some women) screwed this country's prospects with the 2016 election. Fortunately many of them are being thrown out of their jobs (I'm looking at you, Matt Lauer).

I have not forgiven Comey for his role in this entire election travesty.

I also could give a sh*t who trolls the Troll-in-Chief. Personally, my preference is for Vicente Fox Quesada.

The dignity ship has sailed, as far as optics in this country are concerned. We're in WWE territory.

Edited by DramatistDreamer