Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

MBS comes across like a child with a new toy. He knows very little or doesn't care about real reforms. Just a couple of surface changes that catches the attention of the west as he helps blow up the middle east even further. And the idea of allowing Jared and MBS to decide that it's the US's position to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, I don't even want to think about what type of violence that is going to set off.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Even from New York, people tend to move on and branch out. 

There are large PR populations in CT, MA (especially the Boston metro area) and even noticeable populations are emerging in the Philadelphia area. 

Since so many have been migrating to the Tampa area, even before the hurricane (due to the economic crisis), I expect more of those populations to fan out in the South to possibly GA (Atlanta metro) and the Carolinas.

Trump's anti PR rhetoric since the hurricane may focus recent Puerto Rican migrants to register to vote.

Since Brexit happened, I've been cautioning people to look out for Ireland (border issues with N. Ireland) and Scotland (sovereignty issues) especially as it concerns access to the single market of the EU.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I missed this, but yeah, we are sinking fast. 

It's particularly sad that we are banning people from Yemen and Syria. Not that we should be banning any nation as a whole.

@DramatistDreamerI see some karmic justice in the idea that Republicans may lose some elections due to the way 45 screwed over PR.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

That case confuses me because it stems from actions that started when same-sex marriage and benefits were still illegal in Texas. 

http://www.statesman.com/news/supreme-court-rejects-texas-case-gay-marriage-benefits/QWgUz5GV9ktKz1rTC3tIeI/

I do agree with the person they quoted who said this will lead to more anti-gay laws about benefits and marriage, but to be honest I think those are coming anyway. The "good" thing, if there is any good in this, is I think Republicans are going to lose a lot of seats in 2018, which is one of the things that helped stem the tide of some of the awful stuff that likely would have passed early in W's second term when state legislatures and the "value voters" BS was tempered by Democrats doing much better in state races than expected in 2004.

The baker case is the one that worries me most of these two, although I've always thought that the baker would win. I'm more worried about the language of the ruling, especially from that new hack on the bench.

• Members

Haaretz points out the likelihood that Flynn, Kushner and co. violated the Logan Act, which no one has ever really been prosecuted for but hey, we're clearly living in "unpresidented" times.

Please register in order to view this content

Explained: What Michael Flynn’s Guilty Plea Means for Jared Kushner and Israel read more: https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.826651

Edited by DramatistDreamer