Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So dumb dumb is going to resign the 6 month waiver so the embassy stays put. I guess Prince Jared is still working on peace talks

That comment in the article by HR McMaster deflates any confidence in the "generals". His comment on the move seemed almost flippant to me. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-05/trump-says-in-calls-he-s-moving-u-s-israel-embassy-to-jerusalem

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

There's the truth.  Of course all three major religions have radicals and Israel/Jerusalem is a flash point. Leave it to 45 to do the worst possible thing. He's determined to have a world war, if it starts in North Korea or Israel seems not to matter to him.

Ha! I bet he's going to scare us like this every six months. I guess I'm grateful, but he is just the worst.

• Members

If anything, God could protect the very people THESE people would rather see burn.

It'll be the most ironic thing ever for Trump to (inadvertently) deliver peace to the Middle East by having them all united against us.  But, like I always say, all of us are God's instruments, lol.

Edited by Khan

• Members

The only reforms that MBS really cares about are the ones that will transform SA enough to attract investors, particularly Western ones.

The ruling monarchy has known for some time that the oil money won't last forever, they can only rely on it for about a handful of years. They've invested in all that they can expect to invest in and get some return for their investment (they've even invested in solar and wind energy).

They know it's critical to attract investors as the other part of the equation.

Hence, the reforms. MBS is very much in a hurry to get this done and is elbowing his way through (not to mention that he clearly wants to be the guy that gets the credit for modernizing SA). His reforms have been very popular with the masses (particularly the youth) because he has stripped the cultural police and the strictest clerics of their power, while giving the general population newfound freedoms.

What he is doing in other Middle Eastern countries is an entirely different matter.

His hand in Yemen has heightened a crisis that is both deeply political and humanitarian.

His maneuvering to try to isolate Qatar has all but completely blown up in his face. (yet another ideological battle with Iran by proxy).

I just find it ironic that SA's ally the U.S. (via another ignorant, impatient princeling) has helped create so much chaos in the Middle East that they likely have unwittingly drawn the two rivals, S.A. and Iran closer together.

Nah, they'll only stay together long enough to dismantle the U.S.' plans, then they'll return to their proxy wars as scheduled.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I'm not defending Franken or his actions, but asking him to resign at a time when the likes of Judge Roy Moore has been all but confirmed as the next senator from Alabama is preposterous.  Moore will be in, Franken (and maybe others) will be out, and then what?  I mean, besides all hell officially breaking loose?

Edited by Khan

• Members

The desperate need for lefty purity. The house is on fire and the Democrats are trying to put it out with bottled water. This is why I didn't jump on this Me Too bandwagon. I knew it would become a contest to see who could be more righteous.

Edited by marceline