Michael Malone's lost soap pilot?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

**UPDATE**

No, I am not trippin. I just Googled it, and I guess my memory has survived the bourbon and other assorted booze I befriended in college.

I remember this as a blurb in SOW/SOD. Never heard anything else about it.

There is no cast info on imdb which is unusual, but apparently Michael Park (ATWT) was to star in it. Nicole Forester (GL) was also in it.

• Members

13 Bourbon Street, co created with Jogh Griffith and Linda Gottlieb (his firs tproducer on OLTL) was meant to be a late night soap on Fox--30 mins I think. It came THIS close to getting on air--it was even announced a month before it was set to premier. Logan at Tvguide had the pilot and used to brag endlessly about how fantastic it was.

Some of the stories (that weir supernatural idol) seem to have maybe been reused on Another World the year Malone wrote

It's also listed with the Malone papers/archive here:

http://library.duke.edu/digitalcollections...onemichael/inv/

• Members

Yeah, I saw that Duke link when I Googled... very interesting. Reminded me of the P&G archive in Cincinnati where the Somerset bible et cetera are located.

Would love to see the pilot. Logan or someone should YouTube it.

• Members

Logan would NEVER ever do that--he enjoyed gloating WAY too much about having it ;) I've searched among collectors and even bootleggers and nothing seems to have leaked. It was such a good idea for a late night soap, and seemed liek a lot of fun (and not campy Passions style supernatural) and had such good press form those who saw the pilot--such a shame.

• Members

I have a few friends still enrolled at Duke, I will reach out to them. I wonder what the restrictions on the tapes are. Man, there are dozens of VHS on file, they must be what he considers his best episodes. Agh, if only I did not decide to go to DC instead of NC for work!

• Members

For some reason this discussion is reminding me of Kindred The Embraced. Do you guys remember that one?

Do we know if 13 did some location filming/taping in New Orleans? Was it to be weekly, 5 days/week, bi-weekly?

Maybe one of those blog talk shows can bring it up the next time a Michael Park or Nicole Forester interview comes along. Matter fact, they most likely have copies.

Archived