DAYS: Actor OUT!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Care to elaborate? Regarding this matter that is.

How is Jay not a diva leaving this way? IMO he's the one who's pathetic. I do enjoyed his run this time around (opposed to the first time), but I honestly don't understand his intentions here (especially not since his career since leaving DAYS the first time around hasn't exactly been on a high).

• Members

His contract was up and he chose to leave the show. If they offered him a paycut, and he didn't want to take it, it is will well within his right. He has a combined total of 5 years on the show and it isn't as if he is the cornerstone of some major story. He is young, single, and I'm sure wants to play other roles. Now when Zimmer didn't want to take a paycut on GL, I hated her for it lol I probably would feel the same about Hall, Hogestyn, Reckell, or Alfonso, as the show has been very good to them over the years. But JKJ, I don't see what the anger is towards him.

• Members

I have a feeling over the next few weeks and months there will be a lot of people added to the Kim Zimmer Hate club. Just chalk Jay Kenneth Johnson up to the latest.

I feel if everything is the same as it was the last time if Suzanne Rogers is put on recurring and I am sure she will be that she will seek work elsewhere and won't be available as Maggie.

Suzanne has very expensive health needs and cannot survive without her medical insurance. She stated that when she was fired before. She will have a hard time finding work due to her age, but she will have to seek that work to keep up. And if she gets a play or something in California she won't be available to work for Days.

The loss of the older Horton's will leave a void on Days much like the void of the older Bauers does on GL.

• Members
I don't really care that much for JKJ to actually hate him. Hate is a pretty stong word and I don't know him, so how can I hate him. So I can't really relate to what you're saying about Zimmer. As I said I think JKJ was better this time around. But DAYS doesn't need him, in the way that they need other actors and characters. imo

Btw. You're all making up your own assumptions right now.

Sindacco. Let's just say a little burd told me about this, ok. So I know a little something about this matter before this was even posted. I'm not gonna go into details because that wouldn't be right. But when SOD call it like this... let's just say they're on the right track. Good enough for you?

I don't post that often here anymore because I have trouble keeping my mouth shut when I know something isn't right. And we all know people seem to prefer to hate (especially when it comes to DAYS) even before they know the actual truth. I think everyone remembers the Lauren Koslow incident a while ago...

• Members

Of course I'm not gonna say anything specific. I'm not gonna get another word if I do, plus I'm not that kind of person. So I wouldn't go into details even if I wanted to. And I didn't say that DAYS doesn't need him, end of story. I said need, in comparison with other actors on the show. There's a difference, but that's really not relevant or the issue here.

Wondering why you are so bothered with if I care or not? What's it to you?

Ok, here we go. I don't care about Jay as a person. I'm sure he's nice and all that. His actions... that's what's irritates me a bit. Sometimes people's decisions just disappoints me. This is what I feel about this matter.

Is this alright? Or are you gonna question my opinions some more?

• Members

What's with the attitude? Jay is one of my favorite actors on the show so of course I wonder what's going on. Or do you think there's anything strange with a person wanting to know what's going on when someone talks about an actors actions without saying what they are?

• Members

I used to like JKJ in his teen years, but he just lost steam in his recent tenure at DAYS, IMO. Maybe it was the direction they took his character. :unsure:

Whatever the case, I wish JKJ all the best.

(However, I do find it a bit diva-ish of JKJ to refuse a pay cut when you're someone as mediocre to the cast in general as he is. People like Kim Zimmer on GL can get away with it...because of their seniority, their experience, their fan base, their character's general importance to the show, and their pull with the show execs. People lile JKJ, though, get stepped on every other day in SoapLand.)

Archived