DAYS: Actor OUT!

• Members

DAYS Casting Shocker!

Hot on the heels of the news that DAYS got a pickup (at an extremely reduced fee from NBC), Digest has learned that negotiations between the show and Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip) have broken down and the actor cleared out his dressing room yesterday. Money is said to be the main issue. "Everyone is being asked to take a paycut," reports an insider. Sources say the show is looking for a potential recast and actors are being brought into the studio today to read. A DAYS spokesperson says, "No comment."

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

WOW!!! That freakin sucks! Jay has chemistry with every woman on the show. And I was enjoying the potential pairing of Philip/Stephanie.

Come on, Jay, reconsider your salary demands. It's not like you had a big a career the first time you left DAYS.

• Members

If said newbie has talent, then by all means go for it. Although DAYS' casting department seems to be more concerned with abs than acting when it comes to males in that age range. As for a "name" actor, I wouldn't be opposed to, say David Tom or even the last Mike from ATWT stepping into the role, but obviously I'd rather they could work something out with JKJ. It's not like his career's exactly bursting with opportunities, although he would have been great as Billy Abbot or Jeremy Darling on DSM.

• Members

DIVA!

In this climate of daytime, if you want to work, you need to make the sacrifices for the team. Like everyone said, it's not like Jay was a not commodity in primetime/film Hollywood. He may be the first, but he is not going to be the last asked to take a cut.

Archived