B&B: Week of October 27, 2008

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Taylor and Brooke are BOTH pathetic. Nearly 15 years later and they are STILL fighting over Ridge. More like 25 if you take SORASing into account. Haha, I still love it. This is definetly B&B's most succesful triangle and it is bc it works. I think taking a break from it for the past couple of years was a good thing bc it doesnt feel as overexposed as it has back in the 90s

• Members

Brooke has always been honest that she's in love with Ridge, even to the other men she's been involved with, men who still wanted her anyways. Taylor on the other hand has always used other people and pretended that her motives were self sacrificing when they were really just selfish. I have always hated hypocritical characters on soap operas and Taylor is the worst.

• Members

Not debating on Taylor at all. But Brooke....I think the thing is that Brooke has still gotten involved with other men. Yes, she has "always" been in love with Ridge, but she's sexes up everybody else anyway. And Nick obviously knows that she likes Ridge, but he continued to persue her and she let him do it. If she was 100% always in love with Ridge, then we wouldn't have had these flings with Nick, Deacon, Thorne, etc. Ridge is like her best friend, not her husband.

• Members

A paralyzed son hurling insults at his step parent and sabotaging his parent's new marriage.

Hasn't Kyle Lowder played this before? Brady, paralyzed, hated step mom Marlena and sabotaged her relationship with his biological dad John.

I swear, it's like deja vu everytime I see Brady---er, Rick pouting.

• Members

Brooke tried to move on from Ridge with many men and every single time he would be interfering and reminding her of how much she loved him. Men who are happily married to another woman don't continuously pursue their exes and even occasionally convince their wife to fake fights just to convince the other woman that he hasn't moved on so she shouldn't either. Since Ridge dumped Taylor, has he been interfering in her relationships?

• Members

Lol, something random, saw John McCook in an episode of Murder She Wrote. I think it was a year or two before B&B. And it was even pretty soapy. He plays a man who cheated on his wife with her best friend. And his wife then killed her best friend after she found out. Lol.

• Members

Brooke can never win. If she does something self-less for her child, Taylor jumps all over it and labels it ignoring Ridge. If she goes after what she wants, then Taylor labels her a selfish whore.

I think I liked Steffy, but now that she's Taylor's Mini-Me, she's useless.

It's unreal how the history post-Resurrection has been rewritten. All this b.s. about those kids missing "how it was" for the Ridge/Taylor family....ugh. Steffy and Phoebs were already at boarding school. All Thomas wanted was to screw Amber.

And don't get me started on Rick breaking up his mommy's marriage, while she's trying to raise three kids under ten with Ridge. What?? Nick is better for her...after he broke Budge's heart yet again? GMAFB.

• Members

Taylor said she was going to play by Brooke's rules. I guess she meant it.

I wonder if there will be any fall out with her and Marcus from this pro-Ridge/Taylor stance on her part. Brooke is his aunt, and I don't know how he'd feel about his young cousins getting the shaft just so grown Steffy can follow the Forrester tradition of whining "Mommy and Daddy belong together." Another possibility, though, is that Rick uses his friendship with Marcus to enlist his aid; Ridge was never really pro-Marcus, so the current, manipulative Rick might be able to convince him that the Logan family is better off without Ridge in it.

Amber was already off the show by the time Taylor got resurrected. In fact, her final story (the one where she trapped Ridge and Bridget in the mine shaft to get even with Ridge for coming between her and Thomas) was designed specifically to cause friction between Ridge and Brooke, who thought they were married at the time since Taylor was "in the grave." That story led to Amber being shunned by everyone and going to Venice, where she rescued an amnesiac Ridge from Morgan. Amber returned to the US after but was still shunned by the Forresters; after one last visit to Stephanie vowing to win back La Forrester's respect, she left their lives and was not seen again until she showed up on Y&R. Meanwhile, plans moved ahead for Nick and Bridget's wedding.

And Phoebe and Steffy were back from boarding school by the time Taylor returned. Their first appearance as played by the Hoover Twins was Nick and Bridget's first wedding, which was the same episode that had the first Taylor sighting. So no history was rewritten, because Thomas, Phoebe and Steffy all had the same "screw Hope and RJ; Daddy belongs with our Mom and our family" attitude they have now. And that attitude makes as little sense now as it did then. I kept wishing back then that Ridge would tell Thomas the story of his birth, including how Ridge ended his marriage to Brooke so he could marry Taylor and raise Thomas. Of course, given the example set by Ridge, Thorne and Felicia, is it any wonder Ridge's kids follow the same inexplicable need to have mommy and daddy together?

And Rick is playing the guilt card about how he didn't have his parents together growing up, yet it's OK to do the same thing to R.J., or even to Hope (who accepts Ridge as a father figure even though he legally isn't)? He's just as bad as the rest of them.

• Members

My bad. B&B history is certainly not my strong suit, especially since they rewrite it whenever it suits them anyway. Nonetheless, Steffy acts like Tay-tay raised her for all but a few years of her life. The truth is, the twins weren't that old when Taylor "died". In actuality, they wouldn't have had many memories of any "family time" with their parents.

I totally agree....Rick is a tool. I like this plot a lot better on ATWT, where the "interfering children" are under 20. I almost expect Rick and Taylor to make a secret pact to coordinate their efforts to sink Ridge and Brooke. At least that would be a believable twist.

• Members

That's the downside of SORAS on all soaps, but especially on B&B where it's been so rampant and inconsistent. In real time, the twins would have been 3 when Taylor died, but they were SORASed to the point where they were around 6-7 at the time of Taylor's "death." They definitely understood something about their mom being dead, since they sang Taylor's favorite song at her funeral and Steffy put her favorite security blanket into the casket. And just prior to the episode where Sheila shot Taylor, TPTB made a point of throwing in a bunch of "family bonding" moments between Ridge, Taylor and their kids, knowing what was coming up. So just on that basis alone, Phoebe and Steffy would have some memories of Taylor and being part of a family with her. Add to that the additional SORASing to the point where they were teens when Taylor came back (less than 3 years later real time) and the fact that they intentionally have never said how long Taylor was gone and it's really hard to say how old the twins really were when their mom "died."

At the same time, though, whether it's the memories 6 years of life with Taylor or even longer, what does it really matter? Whatever memories they have, Taylor's kids are now over a decade older. The twins are at least 20 and Thomas is in his twenties. So shouldn't they be adult enough not to be looking back at those memories from their childhood perspective, but as young adults who understand that a family doesn't mean Mommy and Daddy are always together? One would think so, but with role modes like Ridge, Thorne and Felicia whining about their mommy and daddy being apart despite the years Stephanie and Eric spent separated, the kids' behavior is not completely surprising. B&B needs to address that flaw in the characterization with the older characters and the younger characters, IMO, since it doesn't make sense for any of them to whine that way.

B&B already did that story with a younger Rick when they first SORAsed him to around 11 back in 1995. The core resentment they keep talking about where Rick blamed Ridge for breaking up Brooke and Eric came from those shows, so that part is consistent with history. So I can understand where Rick might still cling to that with things that have happened between them in more recent years like Ridge coming between Rick and Phoebe, Rick's inability to accept that Ridge protected him and took the rap for Rick shooting Grant, or Ridge's trying to shove Rick out of Forrester. What doesn't make sense to me is the whiny way Rick's coming off. Maybe when they focus the story more on the business side of the Rick/Ridge rivalry, with Rick using Forrester as a means to drive a wedge between Brooke and Ridge, it might play better. But right now, he just comes off to me as the same kind of whiner that I complained about with the twins above. What also might be a good twist is if Rick finally finds out about his mother's rape last year; unlike so many other people, they never showed Rick finding out about that. Brad Bell ended that story way too early for my tastes, and while it would be hard to bring back all the impacts he should have played out after doing such a good job burying them, at least there would be some fallout in the current story from Rick finding out about the rape.

Archived