September 22-26, 2008

Toups

• Members
The number for AMC is no surprise to me. I figured they'd hold steady at 1.9 or do worse. I only watch AMC so I can't speak for the other two shows, but AMC has been nothing but the same stuff over and over again with a heavy emphasis on Ryan, Annie and Greenlee and it has been for months now. I know part of the reason is likely a stalling tactic to get to a certain event, but by the time that rolls into town no one is going to be watching.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep, there is no payoff to investing in OLTL. That show and the network is not to be trusted. AMC has had its moments, but it is a classic example of why ABCD should not be trusted at all. As soon as it appears to be turning around, it's back to the Ryan show. Genie Frances was a very obvious gimmick on GH. She had no story and was simply a prop for GH's new mob love story.

Nope ABCD should not be trusted.

• Members

I didn't see any Genie promos.

I'm not being egocentric, but I think this is meaningful.

I don't watch ABC daytime. When I watch the lineup, I see it on Soapnet.

I don't watch much of ABC at all. Pushing Daisies (but I didn't come back to it this season), Dirty Sexy Money (but I didn't come back to it this season) and Brothers and Sisters (which I enjoyed). No Genie promos. (Plus, Genie kind of came BEFORE the primetime season started).

No banner ads on key sites (like "Sudden Impact" did). No print ads. No ads on other networks. In short, nothing nothing nothing of consequence to attract lapsed viewers.

If they don't invest in shoring up the brand, it will die. They MUST spend some money to make a little money.

• Members

No. This is all just a big dead pool now.

I do wish GL had been allowed to die with dignity a.k.a. euthanized last year. They deserve a real going away. Wrap up the current stuff, bring back the remaining Bauers (especially, Ed and Mike) the Reardons, Shaynes and Lewises.

Give them the budget to do it right and see if they can talk some of those who got their start like Nia Long into a cameo or two. I know that I'm pretty alone on this but I'd love a scene where Kat Speakes meets Billy for lunch and we get to remember Kat, David, Bridget, and Dylan through flashbacks. I'd want the same for Rick/Phillip/Mindy/Beth but I'm assuming there's casting issues there.

Anyway, my point is it's long past time to end GL's suffering. It no longer serves any purpose.

• Members

Yes and No. Is it better than under LML? Yes. Is it Bill Bell? No. Is it ever going to be Bill Bell quality? No. So I say a high rating is a high rating and it's good for the bottom line so quality be damned at this point, I want Y&R on my TV for as long as possible...if it went off the air tomorrow I have no idea what anyone in my office would watch during their break (Jon & Kate Plus 8...shudders)

• Members

:rolleyes: Then what's the point of havign a disucssion forum, mister grump :P Sheesh

I'm also disappointed by AMC although I guess I've already been conditioned to, as Sylph put it, realize that a good week won't always correspond rating wise. AMC's ratings since Pratt came have been slightly *sligthly* improving, this week aside, so maybe that trend will continue and this ws just an odd week out. Let's see what Tornado stunt does I suppose--at least Pratt seems to have worked somewhat on buildin gup the foundation fo the show besides the tornado.

• Members

ITA. "I hope AMC goes up - it had a really good week".

As mentioned, when a show has a good 'week', that doesn't necessarily mean that it will, or should, get higher ratings. Maybe into the next week and beyond (if it continues to be 'good'), but not necessarily the same week. The only way that I can think of to raise ratings for a soap that's having a 'good' week is word-of-mouth - and even that won't translate into significantly higher ratings (unfortunately).

Archived