OLTL: Discussion for the Week of September 29th, 2008

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When the Todd/Marty story is played like it is today I really enjoy it. Very gothic. And yes, the piano playing, etc scenes were a little too cute but I also liked those because for me, the echo to the past was of Marty during the rape, flashing back to her own childhood piano lessons, escaping into that memory to avoid what Todd was doing to her.

I can't wait for Marty to take him down.

• Members

I find it funny people are nitpicking the e-mail/cell phone stuff. How many of you had internet or cell phone service in 1998? To be fair, those technologies didn't take off and become common place until the early Aughts. We take them for granted now, which is a shame considering that without either some people don't know how to act--as if they forgot how life was less than 10 years ago. It was special to go to someone's house who had dial-up. It was crazy to see someone with the slightly smaller version of Zach Morris' cell phone.

Today's episode is starting. Time to grab some lunch and watch before I have to get back to reviews.

• Administrator

Yeah, Marty searching about the rape on the computer was really good. Talk about suspense.....and a cliffhanger and the end! I agree that this storyline is at its best when it's dark and gothic and has creepy music playing in the background.

Also, I liked it when Bo said, "Brody's a good man." Glad to see Brody's not being throwned under the bus like the way Logan Hayes was (and still is!).

• Members

Yeah those who thought Brody was being thrown under the bus for Rex and Gigi should all be eating crowe by now.

I enjoyed the Bo scenes today. I enjoyed watching him assist Gigi when Roxy was overwhelming Shane and I enjoyed his talk with shane. I guess he is doing it because Rex is like a son to him.

Tye Treadway (Colin): Tune in next time as "Brody will face a new challenger, Todd Manning" Foreshadowing or fun? Either way as long as they are both shirtless.

Loved the cliffhangers:

1)Marty looking up her rapists

2)Rex opening his eyes to see Bitchy Bangs! Damn her. BRING IT ON ADRIANA!! :P:)

Archived