OLTL: Discussion for the Week of September 29th, 2008

• Members

Very ironic. I am really enjoying how the Llanview resident's are learning about this little by little as the word gets around. I cannot wait to see how Todd reacts to the news, especially once he hears Rex has a son. Muahahaha.

I thought today was a sad episode today with Rex near death, Gigi covered in his blood, and having to deal with Shane's concern for Brody which all began because of her lies. :( The song along with the montage brought me to tears today.

I too love the idea of Clint and Dorian feuding especially since Clint is becoming more and more like Asa.

Markko, Langston, and Starr's conversation was funny because running away was exactly what Cole/Starr would do. So will Markko and Langston make-love before she has to move to Columbia? ;)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved Monday’s episode. Jerry Ver Dorn is finally starting to come in to his own as evil Clint IMO. That scene with Cole where he told him how he rewards loyalty was like watching a young Asa. The only thing missing from this storyline for me are Kevin and Kelly. They would add so much more conflict and layers to this story. Kevin has displayed signs of ruthlessness before so I wonder, would he support Clint and his plan to win back BE by using an innocent child after having lost 2 of his own children. On the other hand you have Kelly, who loves Kevin very much but would she side with him and this plan over Dorian and her family taking into account the underhanded way Dorian took the company over and the aftermath because of her actions? Don't get me wrong, I love this storyline and hope that it runs on for a long time but I just think it could be that much better with Kevin and Kelly.

• Administrator

Badass Clint continues to rock! I agree that the scene with Cole talking about loyalty was great to watch.

I didn't mind Marcie singing because it worked really well as a montage.

That was good writing! I love it when RC does these kind of things.

• Members

I loved the last two days. I really think that OLTL is starting to shine again. Loved hearing Kathy Brier sing yesterday, it made sense because she is happy that her dreams are in reach so why not belt it out. I don't have anywhere near a voice like hers but I belt it out sometimes. Over the montage was amazing.

Mark Lawson has been amazing as Brody the last two days. I really feel for him and really hope that they will continue to tell his story. I will be very disappointed if they just drop Brody and his story. I would love to see Brody and Bo bond over their war experiences.

• Members

Another excellent episode.

Did Dorian actually hire a mobster to take out Ray?? Please don't go GH on us RC. ;)

The Bo/Gigi scenes were sweet. It was nice of him to be there for her since she has no one right now. Gigi's prayer intersecting between Shanes reaction to Brody yelling at him choked me up. Natalie's reaction to Rex's condition was also heartbreaking :(

I thought the teens talking about how to deal with a bad situation was very good. They thought about all the possible angles and reprecussion that could come from their decisions and actions. It was great writing which showed a turning point in them growing up.

• Members

Great show again today altho there was a little too much focus on the teens. I would like to have seen more of Bo reacting to Rex's condition; didn't Drew die after being shot? And as police commissioner, wouldn't he feel a little guilty about a civilian--and surrogate son--being shot at a crime scene (or whatever you would call that scene on the mountain) he was responsible for? Gigi's prayers alone aren't making me root for Rex right now: but Natalie remembering the last time she saw him (he hasn't been happy with her lately) and Roxie too (fretting over Rex's parternity issues) could add some depth and additional perspective by showing us how the people who've cared most about Rex over the last 6 or 7 years respond to his crisis, and help me feel a little more invested in what happens to him.

• Members

Today was the first time Tess has been written as anything other than a cartoon character. For just a moment anyway. Her first scenes really struck me, because I think that's the first time we've seen Tess being loving to Bree. We've seen them together before and Tess wasn't tossing her out a window or allowing her to play around a light socket or anything, but they weren't exactly warm touching scenes, where Tess was mothering her daughter. Today however, she was reading to her and talking about her daddy and being very loving and sweet. And I also felt her grief, which has heretofore been almost absent in the face of her blind rage and vengefulness. I hate Tess/Jess so I don't really like it, I prefer the strictly evil villainess because it works for me. But I have to say I see this as a marked change in Carlivati's writing that if we see similar changes for other characters will reassure me that he's taking corrective action where needed.

Archived