OLTL: Discussion for the Week of September 29th, 2008

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I took it to mean that Gigi and Rex themselves didn't have cell phones or e-mail. That's the only way it made sense to me.

Personally, I feel Farah Fath's acting is improving. Her dramatic acting, while no where near her forte, was pretty damn good this week, in my estimation. Some very touching scenes in that hospital.

• Members

Probably because it's Farah/Gigi, at least for a couple. :rolleyes: Shoot, as a grown woman in her 30's, I didn't have Internet until 1997 or a cell phone til 1996.

Those darn phones were bricks!

Sorry to be tagging into a coversation about an episode a few days ago, LOL.

• Members

I never bought into Powell. To me the most insidious member of the gang rape was always the "nice guy" weakling who could be bullied into violating a woman because his buddy/crush said so. His reformation afterwards rang false to me; I always expected him to turn out to be a closet psycho, and I was not at all disappointed.

Glad they really dug into this stuff today.

• Members

That's interesting because in many cases a show doesn't even bother to run it by the actor since they technically own the image. Their rationale is that it's a photo of Todd, not RH. But I can understand at least checking with Bell/CBS about Eileen since she was appearing on another show at the time.

I remember reading an article years ago about how all of the pictures were disappearing from the top of the piano in Cortlandt manor because they had to pay the actors (who were no longer on the show) each time the pics appeared on screen. I don't know if that's still a rule, but I do know that this is not usually the case in primetime.

• Members

It was good to see Adrianna again...and im glad she came back in full-bitch mode. I just hope they don't make her the big-bad villan in this story, and make Gigi/Rex seem like the nice ones. IMO Adrianna has every right to be pissed off, Rex is a loser who couldn't forgive her for lying but he could forgive mophead for lying about the fact that he had a child for years...whatever.

I hate when stroylines like this go all one-sided, it makes me hate the couple who they want us to root for. Its sooooo lke the Skye/Brenda/Jax crap that went down, that made me forever HATE Brenduh. And this story has made me HATE Mophead aka Gigi

• Members

I wonder if Adrianna is going to be restricted to playing obstacle for Gigi/Rex/Shane. Or will she have time to be involved in Dorian and Langston's drama too. I think it will be weird if we don't see her in that story a little bit.

ITA. And it's been so heavy handed with Gigi/Rex already that it's taken a couple I started out liking and made me loathe them. I never liked Adrianna and Rex so I was predisposed to like Gigi and Rex. Somehow they managed to screw that up.

• Members

I really enjoyed this weeks episodes. There was a good mix of characters all week long and some of the storylines that had been standing still really moved this week (Tess/Jess, Mike/Marcie and especially Dorian/Clint). We even got our cliffhanger Friday back. I surprised myself by how interested I was in Christian and Vanessa's scenes. I can't wait for them to get back to Llanview and for Dorian to meet Mrs. Montez. Let the fur fly.

Archived