OLTL: Discussion for the Week of September 29th, 2008

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, as much as I love the whole Rex/Gigi story, there are some continunity errors in it. Like how Shane is supposedly ten, but Rex didn't come to Llanview until 2002, and also the Iraq War didn't start until 2003, where as it was said thats where Brody headed out to when Gigi was pregnant, which was in 1998.

• Members
Daysfan....IA with everything you said, this whole storyline is just not making sense or lining up...the writers seriously sould have done there homewrok on the storyline THEY created b/f they put this crap together....the ages and timeline is not making sense at all, and I totally don't get the army thing it makes no sense. I must have missed a war or something lol.

• Members

True, and I can deal with it because Ron's really made it such a great story once you get past the major continunity issues.. Its nothing like Elvis Jr. falling in love with Sami Brady(who was an adult and played by Alison Sweeney when he was born) on Days. :P

• Members

He's 10. I could see what she's saying though. Think about it. In 1998, yes emailing and cell phones were around, but I know I didn't have access to either at this time. I was 10 1998, so it's not a surprise I didn't have a cell phone. But I know my older cousins, who were around 15 or 16, which is what Rex and Gigi would have been age-wise, they didn't have cell phones either. Back then, most teenagers had pagers rather than cell phones. Cell phones didn't become a big thing for all teens to have until like 2000 and forward.

• Members

In regards to Brody going to war when Gigi was pregnant. Do we know that he actually went to war when Gigi was pregnant with Shane, or did he just enlist? Because if he just enlisted, then it's believable. Brody could've enlisted in 1998, right out of high school.

Mitch Laurence is so Rex's daddy, making Jessica and Rex siblings!

Archived