Y&R: Tonya Lee Wiliams Returns, and shocking recast to come?!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

YES! Tonya was so good when she had story. I remember for a few years it seemed like she cried buckets of tears a day. She was fierce, mesmerizing in her battle with Big Nate. Please let her have an actual s/l and not be Lily and Devon's talk-to confidantes! Buy big yay for this news...

• Members

I think it was the timing. Basically, Brad started the affair (somewhat out of the blue) just after Ashley was diagnosed with cancer. Not only that but Olivia was providing medical and moral support to Ash. It made both Olivia and Thunder Thighs look especially bad -- but Livvie got the brunt of the hate. She was written off into obscurity soon after.

I personally thought it was a brave move on the writers's part, but the affair was rushed into. It would have been better had feelings developed slowly but both parties unable to say or do anything out of love and loyalty to Ashley. Brad would have had to think about somebody other than himself, for a change. The worst is that Olivia (who had always been a bit of a paragon of virtue) was trashed -- and in the end she was merely a pawn on the road to Brad & Ashley's break-up, which Jack Smith was intent on doing.

Ashley went through cancer, getting into a car accident and losing her unborn child, never being able to have children again, having a mental breakdown, revealing that Abby was actually Victor's and having Brad kick her to the curb in the space of almost 2 years. TPTB really wanted to see that relationship dead as a doornail.

I, for one, will be thrilled to see both TLW and ED back. Y&R has been missing some of the innate grace and elegance and (on the whole) kindness both these actresses brought to the show.

Archived