Y&R: Tonya Lee Wiliams Returns, and shocking recast to come?!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, Dru always over shadowed their scenes because she seemed to be "keeping it real". But Tonya Lee was one of those intense can cry on command kinda actresses. She's amazing, talented...she can actually act. She needs a love interest though. I never liked Nate.

• Members

I'm guessing the "shocking recast" would be either Traci or Malcolm. Victoria Rowell has said she would return if asked so it wouldn't make sense to replace her.

Christel Khalil has a huge fan base (a fact you are in denial about). They're never going to fire her. Deal with it. She's not popular on this particular board, but she has a large following and I think you know that.

• Members

That can be said about a lot of bad actors - not just Hartnett. Alot of actors sell it on the charm and other factors.

And some talented actors can't win over fans no matter what because they don't have a personality or they are too distant for fans to make a connection with.

Drake Hogenstyn for instance is said to be one of the most endearing and open people with his fans. Some who have gone to his personal appearances and don't really even like him come away enthralled by him.

But yet you will have someone who is over the top in acting chops but just does not know how to relate to their co-stars or to fans. Also some of the big talented ones let it go to their heads too much. One of my favorite actors of all time was George Reinholt, but one of the big reasons he is not working today is he couldn't get along with people backstage. He got along with most of his co-stars but his bosses utterly hated him.

With others it has been the opposite and because they can't get along with co-stars they find themselves out of jobs.

It takes alot more than talent to make it as an actor. People don't like to work with divas or people who get too big for their britches - and that is what happenes alot with many of the big talents. And it happens to some of them even before they get popular enough to earn the right to act that way.

• Members

No, I don't think many of CK's fans watch the show just for her. But why would MAB go to the trouble of bringing back two popular actresses (Eileen and Tonya) and then fire another one? It wouldn't make sense.

I'm not familiar enough with Josh Hartnett to comment on his acting ability, but Christel Khalil certainly doesn't fit that description! Christel is the best younger actress Y&R has ever had IMO. And she has two Emmy nods.

• Members

OK, people! This thread is about Tonya Lee Williams!! :lol:

Joining the chorus of people thrilled to have her back. I had forgotten how much she brings to the show.

She and VR both need to come back because Dru and Olivia are flip sides of the same coin. And I know this pairing was hated and instantly quashed, but... I thought Olivia and ThunderThighs had chemistry and a lot of potential. Olivia as the Other Woman!

Archived