AMC: Friday - 8/29/08

• Members

Actually they did a Brooke/Adam/Erica/Jack quad back in the early 90's but Erica couldn't stomach Adam touching her in any way so it didn't work as it doesn't now :lol: She still can't stand his touch.

Loved my Jerica too today :wub: She broke my heart when she was crying but I'm glad she didn't let them know how badly she was hurting. Carmen is a loser as a pal and I hope Erica pays her back in spades especially when Carmen is going to be Jerica roadkill at some point when they reunite. :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Oh I missed that. I didnt realize the 2 stories blended together. Still I would want to see those 2 women fighting over Adam. He has great chemistry with both and those two made such great rivals. I could see Erica messing with Adam just to mess with Brooke. Dont need love in this...lol

Not a Jack/Erica fan but I will agree on Carmen. She is just as much a backstabber as Erica is. She sleeps with Erica's ex husband, one that she kept trying to push back on her and is so sure that she still loves, yet goes to her and considers her a sister? Id slap any sister of mine that's having sex with my ex! Some things you just dont do to a friend regardless of if they are still with the person or not

• Members

ITA with you guys, erica was a real friend to carmen and erica doesnt have many women friends. Erica was a real champion for carmen when no one has ever been in her life, she screwed erica over big time sleeping with/dating jack when she full well knew erica still wasn't over him(not that I want jerica together), but thats a direct stab in the back. I really hope erica pays her back la kane style.

• Members

Under both McT and B&E, I despised Annie because she was so boring. I thought she was like Greenlee-light. But now, MCE has really shown that she can act and I am completely on Annie's side. I hope she can use the temporary insanity defense to get out of killing Richie, too.

As for the rest of the episode, once again I loved it! I didn't even feel tempted to ff through anything, even Babe & JR.

It was great to see Aiden really beat the crap out of Ryan and now I'm even feeling sorry for Aiden, another character I usually don't like.

The Taylor/Jake/Amanda triangle works great for me because I see chemistry on both sides and I'm interested in how it turns out. Amanda living with Taylor should be entertaining!

Opal/Peter/Adam were hilarious together.

I felt bad for Erica but she did tell Carmen that she could go after Jack and Carmen did nobly offer to step out of the picture today, so I can't blame Carmen for going after Jack with Erica's encouragement. This is the kind of writing that has been lacking on AMC for so long where neither character is completely "good" or "evil" and we get to make up our own minds on who to root for. Speaking of good and evil, Erica's talk with her alter egos was priceless!

I don't want Erica to hook up with Adam because she's never loved him and I just don't see any chemistry between them.

The highlight today for me, though, was Annie finally taking charge of her life. After so many months (that seemed like years) of Ryan hiding his feelings from her, it was such a relief for Annie to stand her ground and force him to face the problems in their relationship. I hope Pratt loves Annie, too, because I really want to see how she turns her life around.

• Members

I knew the 3 of us would agree on something someday :lol:

You and I usually always agree Steve and while I do understand what you are saying and that's true, Carmen was written to see right through Erica for all those months, to know her true feelings even when Erica denied them, and suddenly the last few days she doesn't anymore? The other day in Erica's room, it was very clear that Erica was upset and when she was talking about her romantic past with Jack, it was written all over her face that she still loved him. Carmen chose to ignore it. Today, Erica was wiping away tears and had pain all over her face, yet Carmen chose to ignore that too. Carmen is now pondscum in my book. I wanted to see her with Adam, Tad, or someone else, but no more. I just want her gone now.She isn't worth licking Erica's boots.

• Members

Hey Pine Charles. No, I don't think that was 1991. Tad came back to Pine Valley in 1992 and Brooke Told Edmond that She was Going to Stay with Tad because He was Jamie's Father. In Other Words, Brooke was with Edmond and Tad so Brooke wasn't with Adam in 1991. Also, I know that Some Time went by, but Erica and Adam were I think Married in 1984 so I don't think that they waited 7 Years to have Adam Blackmail Erica to Marry Him Again. I would think that that would have Happened Earlier than 7 Years Later. Jody

• Members

Yes, Adam and Erica were first married in 1984, but their divorce was never legal. Adam revealed to Erica in late 1991 that he had sent Stuart to sign the divorce papers all those years ago, and then blackmailed Erica into a second "marriage", threatening to tell the press that Bianca was a bastard since Erica was never legally married to Travis.

Brooke started dating Jackson in 1991, I think sometime in the fall, because I have an SOD from September of that year with Brooke and Jackson on the cover. Erica became extremely jealous when they began dating.

Edmund came in the Spring of 1992, during the ’Who Killed Will?’ storyline. By that time Brooke and Jackson were no longer dating, and Tad came back in late 1992.

• Members

Okay I haven't been watching in ages. First of all, what kind of idiot pours ANYTHING that's sitting on a chemistry lab table into their beverage without even double checking? Second, along the same line, what did I miss? Why isn't the Glam-o-Rama in Opal's house anymore?

Moving on, I enjoyed LaLucci's performance during the Three La Kanes scene. And while I'm on that story, stories like these remind of that episode of the Cosby Show where Theo and Cockroach were going be dancers on Dance Mania but there was only room on the set for one more dancer. Theo told Cockroach to go because he banked on Cockroach insisting Theo went in since he had gotten the tickets, but got screwed when Cockroach went in anyway. It's the same thing. Quit testing friendships like that. Especially women when it comes to men. Erica should've said "Look, I can't handle seeing you with Jack. I know that's selfish, but that's who I am," and then there would've been none of this nonsense at all. I don't give a FLYING HOT PIECE OF FOOLYWANG how many silently noble tears Erica was wiping away from her face or how the pain and hurt was written all over her face. If she had just been, oh, I dunno... OUTSPOKEN like this woman has been for the last 38 years, then fine. But she didn't and what she didn't want to happen happened and now she's going to ruin her only female friendship aside from Opal. I was actually impressed with Erica at first when I was reading how she was helping Carmen and all that stuff. That was a huge, mature step for her to actually be friends with a younger, beautiful woman. We all know Opal's no competition for Erica in her eyes, so that's nothing. But nope... this friendship has hit the crapper.

Aidan and Ryan. That nonsense went on too long. I don't buy Ailee or Rylee so seeing two wooden actors fight over a woman they have no chemistry with did absolutely nothing for me. Plus, I don't find either of them all that attractive. Also, since I'm now on this storyline, how disgusting is that of Ryan? "I can't have the one I want so I'll just deal with the crappy second choice." Why couldn't Annie kill two creeps with one lug wrench?

My GAWD, is demon Richie still haunting Annie? :rolleyes: Billy Miller and his teeth irritate me. <_<

Adam's awesome, David Canary's hair looks absolutely fabulous!

This Randi girl is supposed to be a former hooker? Yeah. That's some believable casting. With her almost impossible good looks, there's no way you'd get me to believe this girl couldn't get the world handed to her on a silver platter and had no other choice to resort to selling her body. I'm not invested. Strike that. Only if Cornelius Smith, Jr. takes off his shirt will I become invested in whatever it is she's doing with Frankie. Other than that, yet another pretty face "working" at Fusion.

And speaking of THAT... I was absolutely bored with Babe's "Bella" speech to J.R. The minute the tinkly music started playing over the top (as it usually does when the pork loin gets Beall-propped), I hit the fast forward button.

Petey went from being a scheming little brat who used to scam cash from babysitter Kendall, to being a science geek? Um... okay. :unsure:

Can Beth Ehlers leave, please? I mean, seriously. Go. Away. I, personally, can't take it! I don't know what in hell goes on over there at Guiding Light, but their left over actresses are horribly grating to my delicate sensibilities. It's like GH and now AMC have become Zimmer-fied. Laura Wright shrieking and shrewing over at GH and now this Ehlers chick yapping and snapping here. I get that Taylor is supposed to be an intense character... but this woman is not intense. She's annoying.

Archived