Laura to return to 'General Hospital'

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't care about Francis anymore either. The novelty of Luke and Laura, specifically, has worn off for me. And even though there's no romantic chemistry between Luke and Tracy, there is lots of comedic chemistry between them which I've now gotten used to. Plus, GH is a mob-filled show with Sonny and his friends/enemies/girlfriends/whores all remaining front and center. Just where would Francis fit in?

• Members

It's all politics. Actually, if I was Genie I'd be quite embarrassed about how she comes across in the media as quite whiny and needy. She reminds me of Oliver asking for 'More please, sir'.

Laura's been done for years. I don't think GH's current state would matter, the character just doesn't have legs anymore.

I'm just wondering if they are going to have her really awake or if it's just more Lulu propping by seeing her mother in her head. And if she does awaken, will they address the fact that Luke lied to her the other year and is really with Tracy?

• Members

So? It's not like they promoted the heck out of it, heck Jesse & Angie barely got promotion for their return on AMC.

Where did she say she hates them? I'm glad she's calling them out, they deserve it. She isn't saying anything that alot of us on this very board haven't said.........

• Members

But they did.

That return was promoted like crazy, that wedding had press everywhere including covers, AP articles all about the new L&L wedding. It was on the prime time entertainment shows from ET to Extra with on set interviews.

Genie's last return was probably the most pimped return ever with that wedding. The family photo shoots etc...

People on this board don't work for them and they don't pay their salary. You don't bite the hands that feed you and trash them in the press if you're not happy they don't want you full time.

• Members

But haven't they lied and said the door was open for her and they would love to have her back? I could have sworn I read that. If so, I see no problem with Genie setting the record straight and letting the fans know that she does want to come back, but that the door is not open for her. If she is speaking the truth why is that a problem? It seems similar to what Martha Bryne did when she let it be known that CG was less than truthful about what was offered and what she was demanding.

• Members

Did they say they would love to have her back permanently? I don't think Martha is the same, she came out about what was happening and she stuck to what she believed in. She didn't say what she said, then take what ever lesser offer they gave her.

Genie's saying all these things like they don't want her character, saying they only want her for sweeps (when it's not even a sweeps story) yet also taking their money and going back for more.

It's tacky, sounds like she wants to come back permanently, she needs to $$$ and she's going to use people to go after ABC to clamor for her return to get it. And if this is how she acts, they shouldn't have her back anymore.

• Members

I agree with you. She's not saying anything that we didn't know anyway. She has every right to speak the truth and make it clear that she does want to come back and that it's TPTB who are choosing not to make that happen, not her. She's not on contract to ABCD, so she owes them nothing.

Again, I'm not seeing the problem. She is letting the fans know the truth. If fans decide they do want her back and ask for that, where is the problem? I'd hardly call being told the truth of the situation being used. She's giving people information, what they do with it is up to them. Of course, ABCD doesn't really listen to fans, so I don't see her strategy (if that's what it is) being all that effective.

• Members

Except her last return only had one high daily of a 2.7 (during the ....Luke!) and then the ratings dipped to their regular state.

That's a rather depressing statement and overall it pretty much epitomizes the death of Daytime. One half of the biggest super couple in daytime history doesn't have a place on the show that she made popular. Laura doesn't have legs... or the regime doesn't want to write for her?

Oh please that promo was played every six seconds continously with a very popular song attached. Barely any promotion? How about thier seemingly endless airtime spots.

Archived