Neighbours: Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This story with Hannah is odd. Was the house meant to be haunted (by Julie  or someone)? @Ben ?

I don't know if this was seen as doldrums period  for the show, although I can see why Annalise was popular, and Jason Donovan's father is  more likeable onscreen than he tended to be. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Not Julie, as she was still alive at this point, but strangely, after Julie’s death, Hannah did start believing that Julie was still with her.

This Hannah story was one of those filler plots where she thought paranormal activity was causing all of these easily explainable things. Not sure how it ended.

1994 had some good points, but it wasn’t the best season and it did transition into 1995, which is regarded as being one of the worst years.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Not a fan personally, don't watch the show. But found this on Facebook. Happy for Neighbors fans

Please register in order to view this content

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a41988592/neighbours-returning-2023-channel-5-axe/?utm_content=bufferf49b7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=soapsfacebookpost&fbclid=IwAR21ZyinT9D-1du6LOX5JqjxfLkCjJ3qyQLpWW1VpjI4ZyrC-JTpZLywKW8

Neighbors is returning next year on Amazon.

Edited by Dylan

• Members

This is vitally important for the future of the genre. Neighbours found ways to adapt and to modernize, over and over again. In order for soaps to have a tomorrow, I hope they can make this work in a way the American soaps didn't manage. As @Vee has talked about before, the timing was just not right with those jumps. Ideally this time will click.

I'm so happy for you too @Ben and @Skylover - the campaign Skylover spearheaded is likely a big reason why this is happening. 

• Members

I happy for Neighbours! I hope this move pans out to be successful and opens the door for all the other soaps worldwide in case they need a new home. That aside, I hope with the shift to streaming that Neighbours starts to really tell daring stories as they don't have to answer to a network restricting what they can and cannot show. At this point, I say go all out.