• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

But they are available on DVD already. 

i would like to see some re-runs happenikg. But is that even possible? Not that they start them re-runs and end up like Home and Away early years coz of some rights/contracts to air the rest of 1996 which led to the end of the re-runs.

the show will end after 8903 episodes? What’s that? Such a stupid number lol Just 97 more and we would’ve hit the 9000th! What a shame 

• Members

True, but the DVDs only cover the first 300ish episodes, which is the full 1985 season and half of 1986. My preference would be for them to start a repeat from July 1986 when the DVDs end, however I imagine were they to do a repeat, they'd probably want to start from the beginning or at least from Jason Donovan or Kylie's episodes. I don't mind the latter because that's early 1986 so the repeat would only overlap with the DVDs for a short time. I wasn't that keen on the first half of 1986 when I watched the DVDs, but I'd still quite like to see July 1986 to 1989. I'd love to see all of the 90s too. I've pretty much seen most of 2002 onwards.

I loved that H&A repeat. They got pretty far, covering the first 8 years which was good (1988-1996).

Yes, that is a shame.

• Members

Thanks @NothinButAttitude Considering the Logies did not bother to give them a proper tribute, this feels like the show doing so themselves. 

I'm up to Hendrix's death, which was genuinely moving material, especially when they didn't drown out with music. I appreciate how much we got of the characters preparing for him to die and supporting each other as best they could. The moments with Chloe in Toadie's arms and Toadie trying to keep Mackenzie together were as powerful as Hendrix's final breaths. I also have to praise the scene with Karl, Susan and Hendrix. Amazing work. Alan Fletcher and Jackie  Woodbourne are among the best in the business. The final moments with Mackenzie thanking Hendrix and saying he can go also got to me, just them sitting there, watching him. Devastating. And this coming right after the joyous wedding and reception they had was a heartbreaking element, rather than feeling manipulative. 

I have been up and down with the material of the show as you are with any show, but it's only the Paul and Terese saga that has consistently dragged the episodes down for me in this final year. They are clearly going to get back together, which leaves all of this stalling moot. Paul has behaved horribly toward Terese through the whole year, which just makes it even more tiresome. And frankly I just find Terese to be an extremely draining character, even though the actress is very talented. Having her mother, who presumably is a better actress elsewhere, come in to vamp did not help. More than anything I'm sorry we didn't get more of Glen and Kiri dealing with the fallout of their parental reveal rather than him having to be in a triangle he's always going to be a distant third in. 

• Members

I was aghast with what the Logies did for Neighbours. At least they got a proper tribute at the British Soap Awards to bid them adieu. It always confuses me how these networks across the globe sh*t on soaps and do give them proper send offs when majority of these networks were built on the backs of these shows. 

But I need to get back into the show this week as I want to watch the final episodes of this show. 

• 2 weeks later...