Neighbours: Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't think fans are going to feel especially thankful. It's not a business transaction to them. It's a show they loved. 

I think the whole "commitment to British drama" part also makes some pause, as I saw a few people saying that this was said when Family Affairs was canceled, and they didn't have an original British drama on their channel afterward for years and years.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

No joke here.

Yes, it kept the show on the air, but will now feed into the narrative that said international broadcaster is to blame for the show’s demise, ignoring Freemantle and Network Ten’s role in this, turning their back on the show in the 1st place.

The whole notion of relying on an international broadcaster to foot the bill of a show’s existence is folly. That is of course my opinion. 

• Members

Lucy, Harold and Shane are coming back!!!! Yay ! Now with the cancellation they can wrap it up nicely

Mister Donovan teased a possibility of a return.. Even if Kylie says no Jason could still return coz his daughter is still in that show. He doesn’t need Kyle for a return. He can pay her a visit without ruining their fairytale happy ending. I mean he did stay a couple more months anyway back in the day after Kylie left. I really hope they return or at least Jason as Scott

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

My first thought when I saw the news, which I kinda was expecting, was that three months is really a very short period of time to leave to a show like this to both wrap its current storylines and characters in a satisfying way while giving it an ending it deserves with cameos and a larger sense of closure.
I thought they'd get a bit longer time to prepare. This seems cruel on many levels.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm so bowled over by this - even more than Kylie and Jason I think because it was more obvious that they might be charmed back to contribute.

It says a lot for Jason Herbison that there is such confidence and dignity in the way Neighbours is wrapping up. I'll be devastated to see it go but this is not the home stretch of a show that's been lingering on borrowed time, shedding viewers and gathering cynicism. For that I'll always be grateful.

• Members

Last day of filming today, it’s really the end of an era.

My only hope now is that the “finale” is more of a week long celebration rather than a let’s try to cram everything into the final episode. Let the returnees have a chance to breathe rather than a small 2 minute segment.