Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

I liked that they had that small Carly and Laurel scene on Thursday in which Laurel discussed losing Daniel. The actress that plays Carly was so subtle but incredibly effective in that scene. I hope Ian MacLeod gives her some meatier material to play. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm wondering if Jacob's sudden obsession with cleaning in the wake of Dylan's death will be developed. Could he have OCD? That would be interesting.

ETA Well, after tonight's episode doesn't my original theory at least seem POSSIBLE? That Ronnie was brought into a three-way "arrangement" with Ellen and Laurence but Laurence and Ronnie ended up falling in love?

Edited by TimWil

• Members

A part of me is convinced that Iain Macleod added in that brief scene (which wasn't mentioned anywhere else in the episode) of Sam saying Lawrence didn't load his gun when he told him to threaten Ronnie, as this was a tacked-on attempt to make him seem less unhinged, and another part of me thinks it's unfair of me to assume Kate Oates didn't do it. 

Other than that overbaked hammy moment near the end, I actually thought the Lawrence and Ronnie scenes were decent, and the earlier Ronnie and Sam scene was a lot better than I thought it would be, but I feel like I'm grading on very low expectations.

I'm glad the show hasn't forgotten about Dan taking college classes, hasn't gone to the usual comedy route of saying what an idiot he is so why bother. 

I do think that Jimmy is going to end up causing some harm to Ashley and the kids. I hope that doesn't happen.

I know she's a leech but I can't help feeling somewhat sorry for Holly. I'm just glad Cain didn't actually kiss her. Going on spoilers I thought he would.

Edited by DRW50