Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I actually liked pretty much every scene in this episode, which is always rare, as I'm a bitter person. I still don't like the Tracy/David story much, but the B&B group involvement made it feel less forced and the dialogue and development between the two of them was better than usual (Owen Lloyd-Fox is one of the show's better writers for me). I'm still enjoying the Charity/Belle scenes and I wish I could will the idea of Charity becoming all about Cain again out of the universe. And they even referenced that bizarre story of Charity being pregnant with Moses in jail. The Holly drug story is what still keeps my main interest, and I'm glad we're getting more Barton family implosion to come as Moira is now lying to Adam. Adam and Victoria were a couple who grew on me even as they barely had scenes together for many months on end, so getting to see a good deal of them lately has been a nice surprise.

Natalie Robb and Jeff Hordley must be one of the most underrated acting pairs in soapland, or on television. That one brief scene before Cain left to see Debbie had so many layers that wouldn't have been on the page.

• Members

Gemma Atkinson talks about Marlon and Carly. It's interesting mostly for her comments about the producer changeover and the input actors have or don't have. I haven't heard anyone else in the cast talk much about this.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/19/emmerdale-spoilers-gemma-atkinson-reveals-all-on-carly-and-marlons-hot-summer-storyline-6004733/

• Members

The poker scenes were bearable only because of the palpable, and I think unintentional, sexual chemistry between Pierce and Rakesh. Wowza. I'd like to see Pierce collect his debt by making Rakesh his bottom b**ch but I'm pretty sure they won't go there.

Is it possible Belle could suffer a "hysterical pregnancy" if her "conversations" with "Ellie" are any indication? Stranger and stranger.

Still WAAAAY too much of Tracey Sharon Shankley on this show. I guess she's the pet of the new producer.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

With the news of Tracy's father coming aboard and with the speculation that he may also be Vanessa's father, does anyone else think he could end up being Chrissie's father as well?

I think Marlon and Carly will surprisingly work well together. I'm glad they dealt with that random hanging thread that was Marlon/Harriet from a while back.

• Members

I'm not a big fan of scenes where characters talk about a tragedy and then have sex, but I do think they work well together. I've seen people say that she'd never be with him after she was with gorgeous Ross, but Ross treated her like trash.

I think Tracy and Chrissie as sisters would be more interesting than Vanessa and Tracy, although Jacob would probably snap and burn down Home Farm.

• Members

So Chrissie decided to frame Andy for a potential murder charge because she heard him leave a somewhat vague message for Bernice and then he lied about it? Really? I'd understand if she'd caught him in bed with Bernice (and they weren't aware of it). Uggh. 

Edited by TimWil

• Members

Uhhh...excuse me...I DO watch every day. I guess I just didn't know that Chrissie was aware they'd slept together.

P.S. Sorry about multiple posts-this site is a technical challenge on an iPhone.

Edited by TimWil