Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

James being Adam's biological father has had no longterm impact on the family dynamics at all - Adam remains completely separate from 'the Barton boys.' All it did was give the glorious Emma a reason to loathe Moira. 

I sometimes wish that gorgeous John hadn't been killed off (some fans speculated at the time that he could have gone to prison for while if he'd been the one who attacked Cain rather than Zak) But then Emma and Ross would probably not exist...

• Members

With news of James departure/death I've always thought that they'd have Emma be responsible for his death (which would result in the unfortunate loss of Gillian Kearney) I hope my suspicions aren't true. I mean I've read before on here that  she once left him for dead?

Edited by MichaelGL

• Members

Dear God! I hope they are not about to make sexy Pierce into some deranged nut. That fine specimen should penetrating all the women in the village, not snapping over big ass Paddy kissing Rhona. I am so sick of eye-candy on this show going off the rails over a woman. First it was Cameron a few years back, now Pierce. Just no! Why can't we have a sexy, seasoned playboy running around and enjoying himself?!

So glad that Laurel went into labor. I thought her pregnancy was gonna be drawn out until Christmas and she has the cliche birth and Ashley's exit all happening at once. Refreshing that did not happen. @Bright Eyes, I didn't care for the name Dotty either. I agree that they should've named her Ashley or even Edna. 

• Members

I think Dorothy is a decent name, as it was the name of Ashley's mother and her death made him much of what he was for the rest of his life. I don't care for "Dotty" though. It reminds me of odious Dotty Cotton.

Ashley would have been a little too morbid for me. 

• Members

I don’t really know how long this will be on Youtube but I found it today so you may enjoy it while it’s there. The main stories are - Frank’s old love leaves as she knows the past is best left to the past (and that he still loves Kim), Lynn playing games with Chris, the Windsor family (Viv, Vic and kids) still adjusting to country life, and Zoe still adjusting to life as a lesbian.

A bit of young Kelly, Robert and Donna. Sarah is pregnant with Victoria at this time.

If you’re bored, try to tally up how many characters in this episode would have left town or died horribly by January 1994. 

Trivia note - Bill Lyons, who wrote this episode, still writes for the show today.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Thank you. I can never get enough of my Mike Parr. :wub:

They better not get rid of my Ross! Truthfully, I can see it. I think that the writing has been on the wall for awhile now unless they are saving him for a Debbie return. Honestly, I think the Barton bros have all been totally misused when I think they have been all great additions to the cast. None of them have existing love lives and are all in limbo. Meanwhile, f-cking Chrissie & her crew stay plastered on our TV screens. :rolleyes:

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude