Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I liked Luke a bit, but more because of the stories around him than Luke himself. Still, the whole thing feels out of place amidst a plane crash (which they at least admitted).

I've been uploading Dolly's exit episodes. Do you want the links to those videos or would you rather not?

• Members

Wow. Belle's breakdown scenes were great tonight. I've never really cared for Belle, but I felt for her tonight. Lisa's fear of answering the phone and getting bad news to her losing it over Belle not wanting her around was gripping. Glad to see that they are using Jane Cox again in something outside of pining for Zach or being bitter. 

With the scenes with Emma, James, and Moira, I am guessing that Emma might be the one to off James. It seems like they are entertaining Moira/James again, which'll push Emma over the edge. Is it just me? 

Even though I cannot stand Tracy being with Alicia's man (David), I felt for her tonight too in her scenes with Vanessa. I personally know what it is like for a father to play favorites with kids and play oblivious to the matter. It is not a good feeling and it does have its long-term affects. Again, I would know. It is obvious that the daddy will get out of prison and be a d-ck. If anything, Tracy needs to sniff him out quickly and then write him off. 

Rakesh.... Just a mess. A pure mess. Can he do anything right? Priya needs to bounce and leave his ass in the dust. Rakesh has been a constant train wreck since Kirin bounced on him.

• Members

I do think Emma will kill James, with Cain or Moira getting the blame. You probably saw that they almost had sex earlier this week until a donkey stopped them (I'm not kidding). Ross then gave Moira a self-righteous tongue-lashing. James is such a creep. 

I wish they just had Tracy and David as friends. They don't work for me as serious lovers. 

I'm not a big fan of overusing the special effects for mental illness, but the bit where the screen became like an X-ray as she fell was good. I also liked the use of the voices (they sounded like Ross and Joanie...). Eden and Jane Cox have both done very strong work lately. They genuinely made me feel her suffering and that she was in danger. And Lisa giving up, then finding hope again - only to see such a horrible sight.

• Members

Oh wow. I have not seen the scene of James and Moira almost screwing and I think I'll pass. I love Moira but they need to give her something other to do than hopping from bed to bed each time her marriage goes awry. I'd actually like to see her take some 'me time' and then put up a fight for Cain. Other than that, Moira does well when the stories surround her kids. Why can't they give Adam & Victoria a baby and let Moira be overbearing or bring back Hannah? 

Thank God I am not alone in seeing that Tracey/David is stupid. Tracey worked best opposite Finn & Carly. That trio was where Tracey excelled. She sucks opposite David. It's too forced. 

(re: the hidden item) :rolleyes: For me, Megan just doesn't work. She never has. There was a glimmer when she and Sam were entertaining each other but other than that, she has been worthless. 

• Members

I'm hoping they will give Moira new stories too. I wish they'd actually let her leave the farm but I doubt it. 

I don't know if you saw it, but Ross had sex with a drunk Kerry (to win a bet with Pete). I just hope it won't lead to a pregnancy story. 

The scenes at the start of the week where Kerry and Jimmy found out that Dan and Nicola kissed were pretty good - my favorite of the week. Jimmy and Nicola seem to be trying to work on their marriage rather than Jimmy cheating in return, which is a nice and sadly surprisingly rare touch these days. 

• Members

OK. I'll go back and rematch the Dan/Nicola/Jimmy/Kerry mess. Glad to hear that they didn't go the cliche route and have Nicola/Jimmy just instantly split. At least have them attempt to fix their marriage at first. 

I hope that Ross hasn't knocked up Kerry either. Yeah, it would provide him with a story but he's been there, done that. Plus, I don't need another reason for Debbie to return b-tching and moaning that Ross has done something she doesn't approve of. :rolleyes:

• Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOQNJpXCKVQ

It's not much of an exit for a character who'd been on the show nearly 15 years, but at least she left with her dignity, and she left alive, which makes the producers more respectful than Gavin Blyth was with Deena Payne. It's a shame it's so rushed - I didn't even realize the last one was her last until they mentioned her leaving as a thing of the past in the next episode. I like that she called the Tates out for what they are and what they wouldn't reveal themselves to fully be until a few years after this. It's kind of sad because in a sense she left one family (the Sugdens) for another (the Tates) but was never truly a part of either. 

It's only in watching August that I realize what a busy and foreboding month it was. Bill Whiteley's funeral (with myriad foreshadowing - unintentional but still hard to watch - of Archie's own death), Henry's final appearances before Arthur Pentelow's death, Kate's depressing wrapup story, Dolly's exit. And the odd offcamera exit of Kathy's vicar boyfriend Tony Charlton. I wonder if something happened with the actor.

• Members

Thank you very much. I hadn't seen those episodes in over 20 years, since they aired here the first time.

I'm so glad that both Dolly and Matt got to leave Beckindale alive, unlike so many other members of the extended Sugden family. And the mere mention of Deena Payne still makes me angry. The way Viv and Terry were discarded was so sad and unnecessary.

• Members

Emily Head is joining the show as the oft-mentioned White sister, Rebecca. She gets her own Kim Tate and Sadie King helicopter shot.

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/emily-head-joins-emmerdale-play-rebecca-white

Not sure how to feel about this but I hope she'll be a good addition, and maybe help expose the Whites.