Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If all these stories are true, Danny Miller sounds like a real hobag, although I'll admit I can see the attraction. I just hope he keeps it wrapped...

I wonder if this is one of the reasons Mike Parr was gone from the show so many times over the last 6-7 months. 

I don't really buy the "cast divided" stuff though. 

• Members

I wonder when that plumber Ronny Hale (John McArdle) will be returning. I remember the actor was very attractive when he was on Brookside. Would it be too risqué for it to turn out that Ronny was brought into three-way sex with Laurence and his wife and Chrissie was the result? If that ended up coming out, pardon my pun, I can see why Chrissie would flee to London or wherever if the rumors are true she's not long for the show.

• Members

I guess he has too much loyalty to Ross.

I saw some fans criticizing him for being angry with Ross. I'd love to know what their reaction would have been...

I always like seeing their relationship, I just wish it hadn't had to go this route. But everyone on soaps needs to have a criminal record these days. 

What fun to have Finn and Jay arrested on the same day :(

• Members

I know some feel that it cheapens the cancer story, but you can still feel sorry for him while enjoying the show. Given the amount of random sex on the show, we should be seeing a lot more of this (just let Zak and Joanie keep their clothes on). 

Speaking of men, I felt a bit sorry for Jimmy when nobody wanted to bid. He doesn't look that bad. His friendship with Jai seems very random though. Or were they friends when he was married to Charity? Sometimes I wonder if the show referenced, before Jimmy and Charity worked together, that she bedded him for info on Sadie and then revealed it publicly. 

I keep seeing people say Robert and Charity slept together too. I don't remember that.

I don't watch everyday but it seemed like this was one of the first episodes in a while to have a community spirit. It's always nice to see.

• Members

I do remember Charity sleeping with Robert. It was around the time she was with Chris. 

With Jai and Jimmy, I think their friendship was recent b/c I remember them loathing each other when Jai was with Charity. I think it had to do with a business deal or something. I hope they grow on Jimmy and Jai's friendship b/c they are two characters that are isolated and have no real companions. Jimmy hasn't really had anyone since they killed Carl (ooo that still pisses me off), and Jai has been a prick, so he rarely had friends. Its refreshing to see some potential between these two.

I loved the communal feel today too.