• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Theresa's top 5 men currently in the village

5. Felix Westwood

4. Shaq Qureshi

3. Jack Osborne  - I mean, I knew she liked older men, but this was a bit much, especially coming off the recent story where she tried to set him up with Nana.

2. Unknown

1. ? - maybe they'll build a story around whoever it is, but if I had my way it would be Warren Fox. They had so much chemistry back in the day, which I'm just remembering was during Lucy Allan's last stint! They'll always be one of those lost chances pairings for me. Of course, it was also Lucy Allan (if I remember correctly) that Theresa had a crush on Ste before he was gay, which always makes me laugh when I remember it.

I think the show should also be putting Maxine with Sami right now. He knows she had a crush on him so it would have made much more sense he turned to her after the break up with Verity, and Fergus would still want to split them up because Sami's a lawyer and could get too suspicious about his dirty dealings. Are Sami and Verity still endgame for me? Yes, but this would be better than her chemistry-less pairing with Warren. The show has done this with Maxine before, forcing the coupling between her and Dodger who were awful, especially off the back of Dodger/Texas, who are one of my favourite Oaks couples, ever.

Now, for a bit of shameless fun, who are your top 5 hunks in the village? If it's good enough for Theresa, why not us? Of course, there's handfuls of hot men currently in the show, but challenge yourself to just 5. Poor Brody would definitely be on my list if he hadn't have perished.

5. Felix Westwood

4. Sami Maalik

3. Joel Dexter

2. John Paul McQueen

1. Darren Osborne

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Very true. It's been slow and it's been interesting to see it transition.

I had a hunch we'd get Becky wanting Tony while cozying up to Diane. Darren/Nancy/Sienna all over again? 

That's my list too. I was digging Sami but I'm kinda digging Shaq now ... lol.

Joel is being so [!@#$%^&*] wasted. So is Celeste for that matter.

I'd be down for Maxine/Sami

Theresa with Warren actually intrigues me for some reason! I'd be open to that

• Members

Well hey, Sami and Celeste work together ...

Trust me, I like Shaq, too. I'm actually attracted to the majority of actors on this show. It's exhausting, honestly.

If Becky becomes a bunny boiler for Tony/Diane, it's a little tiring after we just got rid of Edward. Speaking of, seeing Tony running the Pub is going to be so weird to me. Though it did give us a Jacqui and Nathan Nightingale mention! so that was nice. I'm very happy Diane got rid of her red hair, she looks great, but you'd think since the red hair was a by-product of Edward that she would have changed it the second he kicked the bucket.

I will say, Lucy Allan is doing pretty well with Goldie. I can't say I've watched with any regularity since she debuted so her being fleshed out at the minute is working for me. Olivia was giving me Rachel Hardy vibes, a.k.a brought in as an instant love interest only to die in six months, but whether she does or doesn't I don't think I want to see her as a villain, too. We'll see I guess.

• Members

Finally Leela is back! Interested to see what the plans for her are. Having her buy their flat was a good start. I don't know if she ever quit, but I hope she goes back to being a firefighter.

It was nice to see them pick up the Sienna/Leela friendship from jump. As hard as it is with their block taping, you can tell Lucy Allan is trying her best to build relationships/friendships. I appreciate that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My love for Mandy and Sarah Jayne Dunn has been made crystal clear before. She is the quintessential Hollyoaks heroine, and my favourite character next to Darren. Losing her will be a devastating loss, made more by the fact that they have written her so well since her 2017 return, which was a huge relief and surprise considering Kirkwood's original chance at writing her was extremely misguided and her 2010-2011 return was completely abysmal. The saving grace is that I did get to see her shine these past few years as a complex, multi-dimensional character showing all facets of her life. Plus, she has been getting an overwhelming amount of support from most people online, fellow actors, and there was even an article that she had made over 100K in less than a week on her OF. As much as I hate this decision, I think I'll continue to watch because I have been enjoying the show more than not since I returned to watching regularly last August. I also don't think Lucy Allan is at all to blame and would like to think if this wasn't a company decision that was pissed that she dared make money they couldn't get a piece of, Lucy Allan herself, whose writing so far for Mandy has continued to be prominent and enjoyable, that this wouldn't even be an issue.

Hopefully, they don't make a bad decision worse by potentially killing her off so that it can be rectified one day and the true Queen of Chester can make her triumphant return. As long as it remains a possibility it'll help the soften the blow.

• Members

I'll wait to cross that bridge if it inevitably comes to it. Never will a soap decision anger me more.

As for today's episode, the Darren story twist came out of absolutely nowhere. Very intrigued to see who is behind it. (No spoilers if it's already been revealed, please). 

Oh, and I wanted to add that the Misbah/Ali reveal episode prompted a good cry from me. Yasmine has really evolved into such a great and strong character. And if the Verity/drunk Shaq scene was Lucy Allan's way of ending any possibility of that pairing, then I thank her very much.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I checked out her OnlyFans and it’s nothing special tbh. I think her Hollyoaks Babes Calendar Shots from the 2000‘s were more risky and hotter than her Of

Please register in order to view this content

Her OF feels like her Instagram tbh.

i loved Mandy but I hated her ever since the Warren/Mandy affair in like 2007-08 when Louise tried to kill Warren and set her up. When Hollyoaks was fire 

Gemma A. Returns? I wonder if they mention her spin-off where they killed off her boyfriend Ben. I loved Lisa and Ben!

but what is this new Darren Story? Ridiculous.. And why is Nancy acting like Darren is a deadbeat father? I really hate Darren and Nancy together. He screwed up a few times but who can blame that men when your girlfriend is putting you down and treating you like you are an stupid idiot. Darren tried for years to be on Nancy’s Level and nothing was ever good enough. She is toxic as hell and Darren deserves better! I still wonder after all those overhauls how Nancy’s character survived so many years on this show

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

Darren being in the wrong place at the wrong time resulting in being kidnapped by a random villain we've never heard of? Convoluted. It would have made more sense if it was Scott out for revenge or something. Of course, we haven't seen this Maya yet, so maybe there's a reason for that.

I do want to commend Hollyoaks with actually showing restraint regarding Fergus and Toby (so far). Both could have easily been serial killer plots, especially on this show. With the messes going on at EE and ED, and how dragged out those stories seemingly are, it makes a nice change. (We don't need to talk about Warren right now.)

Very happy Felix and Martine were able to marry. The show has done a great job as building them up and they have wonderful chemistry. Two black characters in their late 40's getting this much focus? Almost unheard of; looking at you EE with Denise as an afterthought for her own wedding.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Maya (The Kidnapper Girl) has a Connection to Fergus.. Probably his daughter or something.. And I thought we could finally get rid of anything related to Fergeus.

Ethan was forced to kill Darren! That acting was so bland and really off. I have seen the shittiest acting on Oaks before but that Ethan actor.. oh wow

Please register in order to view this content

if they kill my boy Darren then I am out. I managed to get through so many cast overhauls and stupid storylines but Darren was always my favorite.