Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

They're going to explain how Warren returned.

Mandy is, like her last return, just a plot device. They have really trashed a character who was for years the heart of the show. I guess SJD's career must not be going well if she returned for this.

They were supposed to have scenes where Steph changed her mind but was trapped, but the show edited that, and a ton of other stuff, out.

I still can't believe they will not bring anyone back for her exit.

Edited by CarlD2

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Thanks, Carl. Wow, wonder why they edited those scenes out because making it like she committed suicide taints her exit. Craig's not coming back for his sister's funeral? That sucks. Or is Guy Burnet busy doing something else?

• Members

I don't think Marquess cared at all about Steph, and her exit shows that to me. If Cheryl had died he'd have everyone she ever knew throwing themselves on her coffin.

Guy Burnet is in America making a film, and Jodi is in a band, but Jake could have returned. So could Johnno. Not to mention some of the people Steph was once close to, like Abby Davies, who was also Lee's longtime girlfriend. Just no interest in the show's history.

Toups, for whatever reason, they chose to chop a ton of material out of the fire episodes. Taylor Sharpe was heavily promoted as being a part of fire week, even on the posters, and then he was barely shown. Kevin the alien was supposed to have his exit in that week, which also built up to Eliot's exit, and all of that was junked, and Eliot left very abruptly. Amy also seems to have a poor exit.

I really wonder about this Ste/Brendan stuff. Are they saying gay relationships are only about self-loathing, abuse, and misery? I get that over and over when I see this story. Notice that Ste is happy with Rae, and is only drawn back to men based on his own demons, not on anything good or happy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

That's what you get for focusing so much effort on a stunt. I still can't believe what they did with Steph's exit. And he has no idea what to do with any characters he created. It's one thing to not get characters you inherited, but people you created?

• Members

Frankie was just amazing yesterday, "I'm going to cremate Steph and then spread her ashes over Max's grave." OUCH!

Meh to Mercedes & Riley. I wish they could have waited to start pairing Mercedes off. And a big [!@#$%^&*] you to Cheryl for judging Merc.

The actress that plays Gaby is so awful.

• Members

Does anyone else wonder if this Mercedes story was initially supposed to go to Mitzeee? Riley has lusted after Mitzeee. She's slept with Carl. And the initial talk about Hollyoaks Later mentioned that Riley and Mitzeee were going to get together.

I still can't believe they didn't mention any of Steph's family :(

I also read that they are bringing in a new character for Teresa instead of the cop she was with in Later. I wonder why. He was even in their calendar.