June 30 - July 4, 2008

Toups

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure what ratings scale they're using for these ratings, but they're definitely not comparable to the ratings for the daytime soaps. I'm guessing they're ratings for a very specific demographic group.

If these were based on total US households (which they're clearly not), that 21.0 rating would mean that more than 1 in every 5 households watched that show. That's just not possible, lol.

• Members

I believe it is hispanic/latino households only. But soon to change is what I heard. Telenovelas are beating regular programming during the night. Univision had higher neilsen numbers during the night of the Daytime Emmys. ABC was being beaten by Univision.

• Members

Yup, there have been times when Univision has beaten ABC and Fox channel. And this is only the hispanic/latino market. Imagine what the ratings will look like when all of nielsen households is counted. Telenovelas have always been popular. I cant recall the telenovela at this moment...but its series finale got a 36.0 plus in households.

• Members

Let's say Y&R gets a 3.5 and AL Diablo gets a 23.0.

Are you really saying that about 6-and-a-halt TIMES more households watch Al Diablo than Y&R????

If Y&R has about 5 million viewers (just to simplify...I realize there is no direct relation between household and # viewers) are you really saying in excess of 30 million viewers watch Al Diablo???

If this is true, this is a whole America I know nothing about... <hangs head in shame>

• Members

I don't get these channels. Well, I think I get Univision, but that is the only one.

If they would close-caption these in English, or do a SAP in English, I'll bet they'd get some non-Latino ratings too.

• Members

I think there needs to be a company that comes in and challenges Nielsen. Why should Nielsen be the premiere standard for ratings? They're outdated and can't keep up with the times. I think the new company should be inclusive of EVERYONE who wants to participate (barring those who can't participate in Nielsen due to whatever rules).

I'm tired of a select group of bitches deciding what shows are canceled and what shows succeed. <_<

• Members

Non latino ratings for the novelas are coming soon Mark. Nielsen will start coutning non-latino households too. I would recommend Al Diablo...its a good soap opera. Guy and girl want to be together but cant because no one wants them together..ie..Mom, Dad...etc.....So they are told they are related..whic his false....The guy marries another girl and gets her pregnant. The girl marries another man...at the wedding the guy's(the one she truly loves) mother gets up and while drunk tells everyone at the wedding that the bride and her son are not related. Son hits the roof and bride runs after the man she truly loves. Thats where we are at with Al Diablo...LOL.

Archived