Recast the Role: Kristen Forrester - B&B

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is the role Eileen Davidson SHOULD have played (and yes, I know she is too old, but if they were going to bring Eileen on the show, it should have been in a core role).

Regardless of who plays it, the obvious story is that Tony finally couldn't keep his viral load down, and succumbed to AIDS. That lets her come to town sad, but available.

Son Zenze (sp) should eventually follow, but obviously in the same age range as Marcus. For now, he is in college.

With up to three African American men on canvas (neglected Charlie, Marcus, Zenze), it would seem high time to bring in at least one African American female in that age group. (Not because we still need "within-group" relationships on the soaps, but for balance). I assume Marcus could have an adoptive sister from the family that adopted him or something? Moreover, there is the man who impregnated Donna. If he is a viable character in the 30-40 age group, he could bring siblings and family members in the 20-30 age group.

• Members

Kristen isn't really needed on the canvas right now, but if they did incorporate her in a storyline I think they should keep Tracy Melchior, I think she's a good fit for the role and I can't really think of anyone else who would work.

• Members

Eileen Davidson would be my first choice. But since I'm not a afan of the same actor playing different parts I'd have to go for someone else. Even though she's not that much older I feel like Martha Byrne looks too old for this role. Sandra Ferguson or Cynthia Preston on the other hand might work.

Zende dead? Why?

Ellen Wheeler? No no no!

Rebecca Staab? Too old.

• Members

Isn't Ridge the oldest and then Felicia the youngest? I don't know where Kristin and Thorne fall in between. I think if they skipped over Tony's death, they'd be skipping a lot of potential. (Although as I mentioned, who knows how well that would go). I like the bitter angle though, because that's kind of how she was when she came back when TLM first played her.

• Members

I don't think this misery-and-morass show needs another death, especially not from AIDS.

Although, from a public health perspective, a lot of people have forgotten that HIV can be fatal. With retroviral treatments so effective, we're seeing huge increases in unsafe sex. So, reminding us that the virus can kill might not be bad.

But do we REALLY want a story like that?

One problem with Kristen in both of her incarnations is that she was too soft, and had too little emotional range. So, I think the interest value is built if Kristen feels neglected by family...they never called or visited while he was dying...and she realizes (building on her historical problems with her mother) that her family really doesn't care much about her.

So, Kristen should come back, pair up (professionally) with ex-husband Clarke. Clarke's sons should come back and help. CJ could have discovered his fashion gene (he was always edgy anyway); and Mark (drummed out of medicine after helping Stephanie fake her heart attack for money a few years back) could play a corporate role (marketing, sales). With the Spectras re-invigorated (Jackie could still run the show), maybe Bridget would look up and FINALLY realize the Garrison brothers were hot and right for her. Suddenly, we have a potentially interesting triangle...with no tie in with Bridget's relatives.

Eventually, Zende returns and is SUPER HOT. He becomes the lead model for Spectra's hot new men's swimwear line :-).

• Members

Yes. Although I'm REALLY ready for a return to happy camp on this show...warring fashion houses. That is what this show became early in its run, and that is when it was best, and that is what it must return to.

As we have discussed before we need a Sally replacement.

Making one of her sons a flamboyant gay man would work too. Cast with Christian Leblanc or someone of his ilk.

• Members

According to the sources I have the order of the children are:

Ridge (Stephanie's first born)

Thorne

Angela

Kristen

Felicia

2 of the sources list Kristen as older than Angela.

If Kristen is supposed to be older than Felicia then many of the choices I made need to be rethought. There is no way that Christie Clark could play older than Lesli Kay and Tracy Melchior couldn't either.

• Members

Tracy Melchior was believable as Kristen until they brought on Lesli Kay as Felicia bc theres no way that she looks younger than her in their scenes together. With that said, I do like TM in the role and dont see a need for them to recast if they did decide to bring the character back full time

• Members

It's always being stated that Felicia is the youngest of Eric and Stephanie's children. I forgot about Angela as I wasn't watching the show when she was referred to and she doesn't get referred to at all much. I could totally see Cady McClain being older than Lesli Kay, but younger than Winsor Harmon and Ronn Moss.

• Members

TLM just makes Kristen seem so soft-spoken and almost shy, which isn't the case with any of her siblings.

Sorry go to a little OT. But does anyone even remember the last time Angela was referred to? I always forget about her.

Archived