DAYS: Jim Reynolds, Renee Jones, Dena Higley on the Today Show

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jun 25 2008, 03:42 PM)
She was on SoapTalk and people reacted more negatively to that appearance. Ty Treadway, I guess being a OLTL actor, was really taking her to task, particularly about the dark stories and lack of romance. It was for February sweeps and he just couldn't get her to mention one romantic or happy couple for the romantic month. I loved him for that. He kept asking her over and over again and her cocky ass had nothing to say.

They're REALLY putting Dena out there on this one. She's NEVER been as "front-line" the two other times she was a head writer. This is clearly a calculated move, both to get publicity, AND probably paint a picture of "St. Dena" with all the bad PR that happened with her hiring.

The downside (for her) is that if the story bombs, OR if it's just used as another excuse to push Lexie into another affair, it's been made pretty clear from all of these interviews whose head is on the chopping block.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jun 25 2008, 02:42 PM)
She was on SoapTalk and people reacted more negatively to that appearance. Ty Treadway, I guess being a OLTL actor, was really taking her to task, particularly about the dark stories and lack of romance. It was for February sweeps and he just couldn't get her to mention one romantic or happy couple for the romantic month. I loved him for that. He kept asking her over and over again and her cocky ass had nothing to say.

Was this last year while she was still writing One Life, or? I didn't realize SoapTalk actually sometimes were tough on people--I always thought it was an Entertainmnet Tonite type fluff and promote show for soaps. What did she say in her defence?

• Members

They all look wonderful, and I think it's a wonderful idea. However, I have no faith in Higley's ability to tell a good storyline, nor do I have faith in the show to give the subject the respect it needs and deserves.

And it bugs me that they refer to him as being "autistic". Children aren't autistic, they have autism. There's a difference.

Archived