OLTL set report for OLTL 40th anniversary

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, so what we're going to see is actually stuff that reveals the connection of David to the Buchanans and it also deals with Cord's mother and her affair with Clint. Awesome, because I thought the 1968 storyline was just going to be some random thing with Bo as Asa and Rex as Bo and that's it. It actually has a purpose in regards to current storylines!

• Members

Still that bad? I haven't been there in months. My initial animostity towards you was based on seeing your name bandied about there, and assuming you were just another abc.com "personality"

I'm sorry about that. I couldn't have been more wrong.

• Members

Thank you!

I honestly don't know how bad that place is. As a matter of policy I don't go to the dish. It's a cesspool by any standards. If you want to dip your toes in, be my guest. If you tell me it's not that bad I might even reconsider.

Otherwise, I post all over the place. I love this soap. It's the only one I watch. I am very passionate about it. And I relish talking about it, and have met the most interesting and diverse group of people who seem to share my love. It's supposed to be fun.

• Members

No, no, find another drone! :D I've given up on The Dish and BHH. Once in a while I used to check in on the Dish but it too readily spurs my urge to chastise the young 'uns. BHH used to be a good discussion site but I haven't posted there since well before XMAS. I never registered at abc but used to read it quite often, (as I do with SOC and Soapzone), but I did see your name turn up there too. How did you stand it at ABC?

• Members

So nothing's changed. I gave up on it last autumn.

I thought it would turn around. BHH used to be a pretty good discussion board, but that was years ago when it first started.

• Members

Rhinohide! LOL. That's where the name came from. Thick skin is a requirement. Kevlar is preferable, I just didn't think of it at the time or that would be my name.

Seriously ABC was the first board I found (as it is for most newcomers to the online soap scene), and it was before the fanwar thing broke out, and it was just light and fun. Then the nastiest fanwar I've ever seen since I've been online erupted and the rest is history. In fairness, I must admit I participated, actively. <blush>. I liken it to being in a rough bar, without knowing what you're walking into until a fight breaks out. But I am very stubborn, and I don't take kindly to being pushed around, so I just refused to leave. I am also fairly adaptable. LOL. I can conduct myself properly (IMO) in most environments. I consider ABC mb a very rough pool hall. Soapzone is kind of like a country club. SON is like church.

And I would never consider you a drone! I just thought maybe you'd developed a daring streak I was previously unaware of. The dish is like a strip club (I guess, since I've never been in one of those!) or worse. I've lurked there only a few times, and I had to shower afterward. <shudder>

I got banned from there. <_<

But I've never seen people whine so incessantly. Seriously? What's the point? Something makes me that unhappy, I stop doing it.

• Members

It would have been an eye-opener, I'm sure. I had my preferences but once I saw what was happening (and realized I couldn't manipulate it into something entertaining <_< ) I bailed. People are still licking their wounds over that one. The audience was bigger then, so I like to think there was more intelligence behind it, but not really. Maybe the most recent one was just less amusing because by then it was more predictable.

Archived