Loving/The City Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Rio Domeq was from some fictional foreign nation, San Felipe?, and I believe he and Rocky married so he could stay in the country. They marrieahld in a dual ceremony with Louie and Kate Slavinki. Rocky was a med student, which I believe was inspired by her childhood illness. You are aware her real name was Amelia. Trucker called her Rocky because she fought her illness like the boxer in the films. I believe she got into a med program outside of Corinth which is why she and Rio left Corinth. Rocky was on the show for almost 2 years.

Dinah Lee survived out because everyone else left. Dinah Lee originally was J.J. and Heather's nanny and tried to seduce Jack, but when that failed she slept with Trucker during Trisha's pregnancy. Trisha gave birth in February 1992. In January 1992, Larkin Malloy assumed the role of Clay Alden after Clay had spent several months off screen. Since Trisha and Trucker were so popular, the show paired Clay and Dinah Lee because of the obvious conflict that would errupt from Trucker's mistress becoming involved with Trisha's father. Add in the arrival of Hannah Mayberry in March 1992 and you give Dinah Lee some more substance. By the time Dinah Lee / Clay fell apart in September 1992, In February 1993, Dinah Lee was paired with newly returned Curtis Alden, Trisha's brother, but by this time it was known Trisha was leaving so Curtis / Dinah Lee went from endgame to Curtis being an interloper in the Dinah Lee / Trucker story. I think Dinah Lee survived because of her importance to Trucker / Trisha. If she had been involved with just Jack, she would have been dumped.

I thought it would have been interesting if instead of introducing Dinah Lee they had Cece return to Corinth and play out the story.

Stan Albers played Curtis for a little while in the late 1980s / early 1990s. Albers played Curtis after Lottie's death and Curtis became involved with Rocky, while he fought Todd Jones and Rio Domeq for her affection. Curtis left Corinth in 1990/1991 for the Persian Gulf.

Patrick Johnson and Michael Lord played Curtis in 1993 before Christopher Marcantel returned. Johnson appeared from February until May / June 1993. Lord played Curtis from June until September 1993. Curtis torched Pins in September and left town. When Dante's pet Curtis first appeared in December 1993, Christopher Marcantel was in the role.

I suspect Dinah Lee was going to be more a gray character under Addie Walsh with the pairing of Clay / Dinah Lee and Cooper / Hannah. Dinah Lee and Trucker's affair clearly would have been used as an obstacle in both relationships. Dinah Lee's friendship with Ava helped secure her position in Corinth. I don't remember when the Ava / Dinah Lee relationship started, though. I think it may have been in February 1993, but it may have been earlier.

I've never seen the Sasha / Jonathan picture before. Sasha looks a little like Roya Megnot.

• Members

I only vaguely remember Rio and all that but San Felipe sounds right to me.

Thanks for the breakdown on Curtis--for a show with so many recasts he must have been one of the most--I do remember the Pins incident--and his involvement in the Jeremy/Gilbert evil twin story but don't clearly remember much about the actors--I guess until Marcantel took over again.

I think you're absolutely right that Dinah Lee was originally meant to be a much more gray character.

Thanks for the clips Carl, it's great to see what little bits are even out there--that's from an era of Loving I do clearly remember, from the sets to the stories.

Edited by EricMontreal22

• 2 weeks later...